Which shipping companies to get to quote???

paulimouse

We had Pickfords. We were quoted £3888 approx. but told them we had cheaper and dearer quotes but wanted to use them if they came down a bit on price. They came down to £3388 approx. so we said yes.

They also said it would be 7 - 9 weeks for the container to reach Perth and it left them in Manchester on 4th January, left dock on 12th January and they rang me last week to say it would be in Perth on 9th February. We nearly died as this is only about 4 weeks from the date it left the dock and we dont get in Perth ourselves until 15 February so i wasnt very pleased. I wanted to send it from their premises around 11 January but they said they would send it on 4th January to be on the safe side and now its going to get there too early. They said they had had good sailing and the 7 -9 weeks was only a rough guide so now we are hoping that it doesnt clear customs before we arrive and it looks like we are going to have to pay a months storage as we have booked a short term furnished rental until 17 March :arghh:

Believe me that is the better way of doing it the other way and waiting 3 weeks for it to be delivered.

we shipped with white and company so far brill although our wordly goods are at sea xx we were quoted wrapped and packed and unpacked door to door £3400 took 2 days to wrap and day to load container on drive xxx and £300 for insurance xxxx so far so good xx it is on way according to tracking !!

good luck carole

Archived