Transit via dubai to brisbane (emirates)

Guest ozzyadams

Guest ozzyadams

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has transited via dubai with emirates in the new terminal 3.

First time I have ever had to do anything like this!

How easy is it? Erm, what do I do???? lol

Guest siamsusie
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has transited via dubai with emirates in the new terminal 3.

First time I have ever had to do anything like this!

How easy is it? Erm, what do I do???? lol

Hi there, you will be issued with boarding passes in the Uk for both legs of your trip and your luggage will automatically be forwarded on as well, so you dont have to worry.

On the UK-Dubai flight, towards the completion of that leg, the TV Monitors will come up with your gate number for the Brisbane leg. Failing that there are sufficient staffed information booths that can assist you.

Have a wonderful trip:wubclub: Susie

This doesn't answer your question but having had a terrifying experience in Dubai I try to forewarn others. PLEASE make sure you are fully informed about items you can and cannot take with you - MANY very normal over the counter medicines are strictly illegal and can land you 4 years in prison.

How children’s medicine could get you four years in a Dubai jail -Times Online

I have posted this before and Nigelinoz says the poppy seed incident is unsubstansiated BUT the overall message isn't.

My OH had cold and flu tablets from Australia and we had bought a bottle of Tyilix in the UK for my DS which my OH had in his hand luggage. he was released without charge but I would not want anyone else to go through what we went through. We had also been to T-in-the-Park and had I read this article about a grain of hashish in a shoe tread I would have been even more terrified - luckily someone sent me this article afterwards!!!

Jules

Hi

Very big airport. We only had 1 and 1/2 hours from when we landed to departing again and only just made it onto the flight because they scan all your belongings again even though you are only in transit.

We basically went through the lengthy security process, had a quick burger on the go, bought a bottle of whisky, had a crap and before we knew it they were making the final call for any remaining passengers!

But having said that Emirates were very good.

Jim

Guest proud2beaussie

There is some good information available on the airport website.

Dubai International Airport but as siamsusie has said you will be given boarding passes for the whole journey when you check in and if you get confused there are plenty of people to ask for help so relax and enjoy the flights.

Archived