Gold Coast Arrivals List

Guest EM&M

Hello all, I thought that it might be good to have an arrival list for those already in or heading for the gold coast. I thought that as we arrive we could arrange a meet up for new arrivals to help us all settle in. Anyone interested??

If you would like to participate plesae leave your details as follows and I will keep updating the list. If you dont have a specific date just estimate, also can put reccie dates on too.

Here goes:

bvgEMMA&MICHAEL (+2 GIRLS 2YRS & 7MTHS) ARRIVING AUGUST 2007 ISH :jiggy:

Em x

Dear Em

like to be added to your list so as my daughter keeps stating "dont want to be a billy no mate" when we arrive

We are :

Sue just past 40

Wilf (scouce Git) has a five at the beginning of his age!!!

David 19 (Im just holidaying ) :cool:

Michael known as MC (wheres my hair gel) 17 in Dec likes footie music the usual for 17yr olds:biglaugh:

Danielle 13 just hitting the teenage attitude wont last :arghh:

Hoping to arrive this side of christmas hoping to live Brisbane area or Redcliffe

regards

Sue

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Hopefully we will be arriving 1/12/07, just waiting for the house sale to go through, surveyor has just been out he said should be no probs and the buyer is a first time buyer so hopefully should only take 6-8 weeks.

We will be staying at southport for the first couple of weeks in short term accommodation, we are looking at possibly settling in pacific pines/ coomera/coomera waters, any info on these areas would be welcome.

I am 34 a nurse, oh 35, daughter millie 5, son Harry, 4.

cheers

sharon

Guest The Baggo's

Hi Em! hope everything is going ok for you all and you have moved into your rental ok. We will arrive on GC on 8th November!!! Can't believe it - felt really good saying 'one way ticket!!' Would be grateful if you get a chance to update us on your list!! Any meet ups after 8th Nov we will be up for!!

LOL nat x

Guest Delly&Co

Hi , what a great idea. We are hoping to move out to Cleveland in April 08 and would love to meet up from people from home. There is myself (Adele) my husband Mike and our 2 children, Nathan who will be 7 and Mia who will be 2 (not looking forward to taking her on the flight. In the mean time I would love to hear from anyone who fancies a chat as it keeps me focused if I can keep making friends and gaining answers to my many questions I won't chicken out and stay in the UK.:jiggy:

What a cracking idea. Looks like most of us are in that same 'petrified but dead excited' world (we've even got the comfort of some family in Alex Hills but we're still petrified!!) so what a way to ease settling in.

We are me Lawrence (Lol for short - knocking on a bit now at 38), 'er indoors (Sarah, 35), Kiera (3 with attitude, attitude & more attitude but a real cracker still in there somewhere) and Mat (1 and currently taking attitude lessons from the one above!).

Looking at moving over towards middle of next year and we've a reccie organised for March. We like Alex Hills area (incl Wellie Point, Cleveland and Viccie Point) but also like Sunshine coast and have been looking at the coomera area to - so much choice eh!!

Be great to meet up in due course.

Cheers

Lol

Hi Em! hope everything is going ok for you all and you have moved into your rental ok. We will arrive on GC on 8th November!!! Can't believe it - felt really good saying 'one way ticket!!' Would be grateful if you get a chance to update us on your list!! Any meet ups after 8th Nov we will be up for!!

LOL nat x

Bu**er Nat, we'll probably walk past you in the airport! We will be going back to the UK that day - hopefully the last 'return ticket' ever!

Catch up with you in Jan when we arrive for good though!

Lyn x

• 4 weeks later...

Mel 28 years old

Dave (OH) 36 years old

Kiara Ellen 5 years

Callum Josh 2 years

Arriving in Brisbane late 7th November 07

See you then

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hello! Fab idea! Could you please add us to the expected arrivals list! Would love to meet up with everyone once we're over there!

Mags (34) - Nurse

Robert (41) - Stock controller - but is considering doing anything in Oz (preferablly nothing! HE WISHES!:biglaugh:)

Lauren (13)

Robyn (10)

Heading for Pacific Pines - May/June (Provisional) - dates depending on the usual hurdles, visa processing time, house sale, etc

Mags

x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Richard & Christine

Em

Love what your doing.

We are are both pleased to say now have our visas, can not wait to be out there.

we are visiting for the most of December 07 into early Jan to get more of a feel for the place and make our future plans, so if any one fancies meeting up.

Unfortunataly we have no kids so its just the two of us, mid 30's couple.

Please let us know if you have any meetings or if anyone else wants to meet over the holiday party.

Richard and Christine.

Em

Love what your doing.

We are are both pleased to say now have our visas, can not wait to be out there.

we are visiting for the most of December 07 into early Jan to get more of a feel for the place and make our future plans, so if any one fancies meeting up.

Unfortunataly we have no kids so its just the two of us, mid 30's couple.

Please let us know if you have any meetings or if anyone else wants to meet over the holiday party.

Richard and Christine.

Hi Guys,

We have a meet up arranged for 1st Dec will you be here then?? If not then we can meet up for drink one night (need some notice for a sitter). We have no plans over Xmas as yet so if I hear of a party somewhere will let you know lol.

Em x

Guest Richard & Christine

I think we arrive around the 13th, leave again around 1st. so if anything else comes up that will be great if you could let us know.

Thanks again and if we do not see you before have a good christmas.

Richard and Christine.

Hi

This is a fab idea and it would be nice to know that there are new freinds already around when you arrive.

Please can I be on your list.

Ness, Mick & kids July 2008

Thanks

Ness

Guest angela and mark

Hi

We have our visas and are coming over for a recce next Easter with a view to moving over in 2009. We are:

Me (Angela) - looking for a job in marketing

Mark - Telecoms engineer - lets just say at 35 he's my toyboy

Connor - 17 and not convinced he wants to move

Robbie - 16 and looking forward to being a beach bum

Aidan - 10 - can't wait

We are hiring a motorhome to travel around (a bit) of Queensland so would love to meet up with people already settled there.

Cheers

Angela

Guest blueblagger

Hi Em.Great idea,living in Nerang,so should be able to make it.

Colin

Caroline

Michael 6

Sam 5

Ellen 4

See you there.

Hi

We arrived Aug 18th 07. We are Gazzer 41, Emma 38, Curtis 9, Abby 7 and Declan 5. We are living in Elanora and loving it here.

See you all at the Barbie!!!

Em x:jiggy:

Guest natalie langley

Hi Emma

We are Keith 40, Natalie, 43 Beth 13 & Frazer 8

We are leaving cold England New Years Eve and arrive Brisbane 2nd January 08 !!!

Not sure where we want to put our roots down yet so we would appreciate any help Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast so much to explore

Thank you Natalie

Hi Em

Tried replying before but didn't work:arghh:

Here goes again

Gaz 41

Em 38

Curtis 9

Abby 7

Declan 5

We arrived on 18th Aug 2007 now living in Elanora. Loving it so far:wubclub:

Em

Oops! just found the first reply!!

Still loving it. Off to the beach now. Someones got to do it:jiggy:

Looking forward to meeting you all at the BBQ.

Em

Guest Phil,Deb & Brad

Hi

We arrived here at the sunshine coast on Friday.Moved to a lovely little house in Buddina, Kawana Waters.

We are Phil 44, Deb 40 and Brad 15.

Be nice to meet up with anyone with teenagers the same age as Brad.

If anyone has any details on local under 16s football teams, would really appreciate any info.

All a bit unreal at the moment, still think I am on holiday and going back.

Debs

Hi

We arrived here at the sunshine coast on Friday.Moved to a lovely little house in Buddina, Kawana Waters.

We are Phil 44, Deb 40 and Brad 15.

Be nice to meet up with anyone with teenagers the same age as Brad.

If anyone has any details on local under 16s football teams, would really appreciate any info.

All a bit unreal at the moment, still think I am on holiday and going back.

Debs

hI dEBS, i KNOW YOU ARE ON sUNNY COAST BUT WE HAVE A MEET UP ON 1ST dEC IN LaBRADOR ON gOLD cOAST 1.30PM. tHINK THERE IS COUPLE OF FOLKS COMING FROM YOUR WAY. please come and join us.

Em x

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi,

We got our visa's last week, we fly out 31st December - unfortunately can't make the 1st Dec meet, but will keep our eye on when the next one is arranged as we'd love to meet everyone. We're heading for Mudgeeraba/Robina

Hope to see you all soon

Liz & Paul

Jake (5) Dylan (18 mths)

:err:

Archived