Vetassess changing the dates

Nick and sez

Hi people, i not happy as having waited for 2 months to see if ihad passed my first stage application for the Vetassess general plumber which i did, i tried to book up for the practical in Feb 2010, calling Melbourne 4 nights running and getting not alot of sense from some of the staff who lets say cannot speak english properly.

Pinning my hopes to apply for 176 SS visa if i was to have passed the practical, dashed big time as now vetassess are not doing any practical assessments untill June 2010 and then not for General plumbers or Air Con engs or Mecahanics.

Well Done not you have just set me back by at least a Year, also i live on the south coast of England and Vetassess say that the colleges will be either Accrington or bloody Glasgow and not London.

Soory for the moan peoples but is any one else in this Boat! Its not on!:arghh:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Nick

I am very sorry to hear your news and I agree with you 100%. This is NOT good enough.

The Vetassess announcement is here:

Practical assessment schedule (Trade Occupation) - VETASSESS

Why are Vetassess suddenly "unable to provide" the very expensive service that they told DEEWR they would be able to provide?

I think there could be more to this than meets the eye, Nick. Please see this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/74537-significant-changes-gsm-program-1st-jan-2010-a.html

I don't know for sure but as you can see I have raised the query on the other thread in case these two developments are connected in some way that DIAC/the Minister have not yet seen fit to announce. They have not published the new Gazette Notice which will list the occupations that will be caught out from 1st Jan 2010 by the new Instrument. They might well not publish it until 1st Jan 2010 to judge from their respective performances over the last 12 months. In Vetassess' shoes, I would not be accepting payments for the Feb 2010 practicals and I would consider cancelling the Feb 2010 practicals in the UK because we were told at the meeting in London that the UK is one of the biggest suppliers of skilled tradies to Australia.

I am suspicious and I think we need to get to the bottom of what is going on here.

Grrrrr :mad:

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Nick

In case you haven't seen it, Alan Collett of Go Matilda has published one of his excellent news articles about the so-far-known Jan 2010 changes:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

I am not sure how the pieces in the new jigsaw fit together and I don't know the potential effects on an offshore tradie who is part of the way through the 2-stage Vetassess process.

Irritated by DIAC's and the Minister's latest antics :realmad:

Gill

Guest pablofet1
Hi people, i not happy as having waited for 2 months to see if ihad passed my first stage application for the Vetassess general plumber which i did, i tried to book up for the practical in Feb 2010, calling Melbourne 4 nights running and getting not alot of sense from some of the staff who lets say cannot speak english properly.

Pinning my hopes to apply for 176 SS visa if i was to have passed the practical, dashed big time as now vetassess are not doing any practical assessments untill June 2010 and then not for General plumbers or Air Con engs or Mecahanics.

Well Done not you have just set me back by at least a Year, also i live on the south coast of England and Vetassess say that the colleges will be either Accrington or bloody Glasgow and not London.

Soory for the moan peoples but is any one else in this Boat! Its not on!:arghh:

We know how you are feeling. My husband who is an air-con engineer was booked in to take the practical vetassess in Oct 08 only to be told once it was booked and paid for that it was delayed until April 09.

We were devestated especially once the Sept 23rd changes were announced as if he had have taken the Vet when it was originally booked we probably would have had or have been alot closer to our visa.

A friend of ours has recently taken his Vet up in Glasgow. It did mean he had to fly as we are in Essex but he said it was no big deal.

The one thing we have learn't along the way whilst applying for our Visa is that nothing happens quickly and it's not always straight forward. But you must stay positive as it could be a long ride and there is no point getting too stressed over something you have little control of.

Good luck with your Vetassess.

Mel :hug:

Archived