Holy *&%&$!!!!!! Got it!!

Gothnet

Hi, Just read (and printed) your to do lists. They are so helpful. We are waiting on a job offer and hope to move to NSW in September. One thing I did'nt quite get, right at the end you say, fly west to avoid jet lag etc. Can you explain a bit about that and the 32kg baggage allowance and what you can put in the hold for free? Many thanks. Ann

Hi,

I have just cut and posted other peoples posts, so I don't know anything about that. TBH, I am going East, as do most folks, so I would take that with a pinch of salt. As for the luggage, if you go with Singapore Air you can get 40kg each as migrants, check the stipulations tho, it is only for certain visas.

Tracey

Hi Gothnet,

Thank you for replying so quickly. Thats really useful info, especially the BA bit I had no idea we could take extra cases for so little! Glad you made it out there, hope all goes well for you. Good luck. Ann

No problem. It was 32 pounds per bag if you paid in advance online, I think it was 40 if you just show up. But nice and cheap. The main problem is that they resell other flghts through the one-world alliance partnership thing, so keep an eye out for that.

Thanks for all the good wishes, it's lovely here though I seem to have picked up a cold on the way over...

Archived