Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you Gill.

I have a question. You mentioned the earlier case will be dealt first. Does it mean the innitial lodgement date of visa application? Many people lodged 175 first and transfered to 176 much later.

This should be the case . Whatever date you lodged that was our date of initial expression of interest. And we had a reason to apply SS later.Don't forget March changes with SS given priority. Thats where we were serious about SS. Not because of points threshold.

Hi Gill,

Thank you for your efforts!

Does the 3500 applications include those who applied 175 innitially and then transfered from 175 to 176 after 23 Sep? Or only the state sponsored applications applied before 23 Sep?

Its another unfair diac change! This move is only to keep the mouths of the states shut!

It will be fair if the start with those appllicants they are in the pipline for over a year or longer! A cant understand that there is now a big hurray , for me its feels like another kick in ass!

Guest wanderer

Yorkypom,

Good job , one thing crossed my mind , all the peeps who have gone back to the uk , and dont intend on returning whatever the reason its not a dig at them , could there be some process stat dec etc where they are counted out so there is room , same as if it was a cinema ,concert etc thats full unless the ones that have left are not monitored the place is deemed full ,if they are counted then there places can be taken by others 10000 visas granted ,3000 return or dont take it up means 3000 more places

That's some wishful thinking but governmemt programmes never really work that way but on a moving assessment that in your example would need to take in overall migration as well as leaving/returning Aussies and the same for New Zealanders who just come across, not to mention births/deaths stats.

Spurious,

One thing I'm confused about is his figure of 3,500. Where has that come from? There surely must be a LOT more CAT5 applications than that. Is it a quota that, when they reach it, mean they will stop that category from any further processing? Forgive me if I've overlooked something, it just wasn't terribly clear.

Gill's probably sleeping but the 3500 is a figure that equates to something near what the Category 5. = State Nominated Non CSL applications, a figure reported from earlier DIAC stats.

It's not so much a quota but DIA saying well the Category 5. are next on the priority list.

The thing that will determine rate of processing is as Gill has reported Mr. Wilden as saying is that new higher priority applications that continue to come in will be treated as a higher priority.

Tanjev,

Its another unfair diac change! This move is only to keep the mouths of the states shut!

It will be fair if the start with those appllicants they are in the pipline for over a year or longer! A cant understand that there is now a big hurray , for me its feels like another kick in ass!

It's not so much a change but a re-iteration of the current processing priorities, State Nominations have never been forgotten and if you look at Category 2-4, you see clearly that CSL with SN is Cat. 2 and waiting times for immigration has always varied depending on numbers applying and targets set and both vary.

So it's no KITA but if you like a clarification of what priorities are and something of an update but Mr. Wilden did stress the rate of processing Category 5. will vary.

This just in from the Department to the MIA. I think it presents a relatively disappointing perspective that there are not large numbers of Category 5 visa grants anticipated in the current program year (to 30 June) but that those most likely to be granted are those where health and character tests have been requested by a case officer:

Processing of some State sponsored non-CSL GSM applications

There have recently been reports and speculation about the processing of some State sponsored non- Critical Skills List (CSL) General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications.

These are the Tier (or Category) 5 applications: that is, applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the (CSL).

In order to provide realistic expectations for your clients, the MIA has been discussing the matter with DIAC to obtain an accurate statement of what is happening.

DIAC has today provided the MIA with the following statement:

“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer.”

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest guest17301
This just in from the Department to the MIA. I think it presents a relatively disappointing perspective that there are not large numbers of Category 5 visa grants anticipated in the current program year (to 30 June) but that those most likely to be granted are those where health and character tests have been requested by a case officer:

There have recently been reports and speculation about the processing of some State sponsored non- Critical Skills List (CSL) General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications.

These are the Tier (or Category) 5 applications: that is, applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the (CSL).

In order to provide realistic expectations for your clients, the MIA has been discussing the matter with DIAC to obtain an accurate statement of what is happening.

“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer.”

Cheers,

George Lombard

Is that just what we wanted/expected to happen? I think it's great news just in time for Christmas for those that were weeks from grant and is only right and just that these people get their visas soon as. The program year finishes when? Is it Jan or July? So we can expect all those with all docs met to be granted very soon?

Guest wanderer

Fiona,

Is that just what we wanted/expected to happen? I think it's great news just in time for Christmas for those that were weeks from grant and is only right and just that these people get their visas soon as. The program year finishes when? Is it Jan or July? So we can expect all those with all docs met to be granted very soon?

Program year is July 01 to June 30 and I think George is more expressing some dismay and I'd highlight for him if I could

I think it presents a relatively disappointing perspective that there are not large numbers of Category 5 visa grants anticipated in the current program year

It's a bit of what Gill might call the flannelling!

Guest recherche

Cheers,

George Lombard

would this mean that the rest of us (those who didnt have a case officer previously and have requested for health and character checks) have to wait till 2012?

Hi,

A big congrats and thanks to Gill and rest of the famous Five....

Regarding 3500 Category 5 applications... I think these might be applications received by DIAC on or before 23.09.09 ( irrespective of CO alloted or not) As far as 108,100 budgets are concerned finalising 3500 applications are nothing!!!!

I think we can hope that all the 3500 Category 5 applicants will get atleast a CO by June 30 (this financial year)

would this mean that the rest of us (those who didnt have a case officer previously and have requested for health and character checks) have to wait till 2012?

Yes, I'm in a similar boat! While, I think was totally immoral what happened to those who were weeks away from having a visa granted, it doesn't leave much hope for those at the beginning of the process (I'm still waiting for SS). Congratultions to all of those who have had the good news by the way.

I know I have the choice of whether to apply at the moment, unlike those of you who paid in good faith and then were told it would possibly be three years, but it's still a bit of a bummer!

If only I could hope that there will be more changes to SS applications (that's if I get approved for SS of course).

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George for the information.

However it contradicts with what Mr. Wilden said during the meeting. He said that applications will be processed in order of submission and nothing was mentioned about medicals.

He also said that they are planning to work with all 3500 as they have time. No limitations were mentioned.

So, right now I had my meds "finalized". WHY cannot I be processed? Every other doc is MET. What's wrong with me? Just quick look by a CO might be enough.

Is it another trap for us???

At last I have found our password and am able to log on and personaly, albeit cyberspace style, thank the Oz House Crew for what they did yesterday. As said many times before it is really really appreciated. Communication links now open is an incredible step.

Thankyou once again

debs and family x

Guest recherche
Thanks George for the information.

However it contradicts with what Mr. Wilden said during the meeting. He said that applications will be processed in order of submission and nothing was mentioned about medicals.

He also said that they are planning to work with all 3500 as they have time. No limitations were mentioned.

So, right now I had my meds "finalized". WHY cannot I be processed? Every other doc is MET. What's wrong with me? Just quick look by a CO might be enough.

Is it another trap for us???

I do not have a CO, but under the advise of my agent, I've frontloaded my meds and PCC. My meds have been finalised, ironically, on 23 Sep. My concern is how long the processing will take, and by the time they reach my application, my meds and PCC would have expired.

The actions of 'processing those who have been requested meds and character checks by their case officers' is just simply not good enough from the part of DIAC!

Guest Justin JIANG

My question to this issue is that what if someone has submitted Meds and Police checks when making the application and these meds and police checks are still valid while their date of applications are in front of those who had been requested by CO to submit Meds and Checks??

Is it fair to only favour those requested by CO, comparing with those whose meds and characters had been assessed as met or 'met but invalid, requiring renewing of those' due to the one year limitation on these two key documents (as what i know for the online applicants, they have to make Meds, Penal Clearance arrangements before the CO are to be assigned. )

Another debacle! However, it's better for DIAC to adopt the following stategies:

1. First, look at the date of lodgement

2. Whether the application is in the final state of prcessing

3. Whether Meds & various checks have been requested by CO or not?

Guest Jamie Smith

Don't you have to have a CO before meds and police clearances can be requested by a CO?

Another debacle! However, it's better for DIAC to adopt the following stategies:

1. First, look at the date of lodgement

2. Whether the application is in the final state of prcessing

3. Whether Meds & various checks have been requested by CO or not?

Good proposal. They've made this priority mess but the only REAL priority inside one group might be "date of lodgement".

I've been already waiting for 17 months, instead of initially admitted 10-12, changed my free visa application for obigations to stay in one partucular state.

How many more concessions should I make?

Guest landarjatt

Thanks a million

u know whats the meaning of Gill in PUNJABI .

Great person ,Big fighter in History of Punjab State In India.JATT GILL

Guest kysyysmj
Hi,

A big congrats and thanks to Gill and rest of the famous Five....

Regarding 3500 Category 5 applications... I think these might be applications received by DIAC on or before 23.09.09 ( irrespective of CO alloted or not) As far as 108,100 budgets are concerned finalising 3500 applications are nothing!!!!

I think we can hope that all the 3500 Category 5 applicants will get atleast a CO by June 30 (this financial year)

Does the 3500 mean all of onshore and offshore applicant?

The actions of 'processing those who have been requested meds and character checks by their case officers' is just simply not good enough from the part of DIAC!

It means they just need to cover their as... because if meds were officially requested it might have much greater law implications for them. So DIAC want to escape some of these implications.

But all others who made meds on their own risk just got another lottery ticked instead. I'm not surprised though.

Archived