Skilled Ind Visa, Wait. Driving me crazy!!!!!

Guest stw1971

Guest stw1971

Hi All,

I have now entered my 8th month of waiting for my medical request and my CO.

My employer was contacted after 4 months, but I never got a CO letter after that.

I believe that between 40 and 50 weeks can be the period you wait.

I have also read that they only have 38,100 skilled visa's per year.

If I have a reference number is that place held for me. I believe that a MODL approved visa would take my place in the queue.

Does anyone know if my visa app would then roll over to the next years allocation, and what date does that start 1/1/06?

I have done my meds and my police check, and they are being held for the moment. I do not want to send them and then they got lost in their offices.

I would love to hear from anyone waiting for the same length of time as me.

It is beginning to stress me out!!!!!! :roll:

Happy Xmas to all of you still waiting.

Stuart

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi Stuart,

We are in a similar position my partner has applied for a Skilled Independant Visa which was sent middle of November. We contacted our agent and was told that it is currently taking around 4 months before a case officer is allocated.

The MODL was updated on the 15 December with additional jobs listed, these visa's are being fasttracked by the Australian Government but i dont know the processing time on these.

I have read on this site that People who have applied for visa's are requesting both police checks and medical's before these have been asked for, i was under the impression that the police check is valid for 1 year after which time DIMIA request a fresh one.

I have resound myself to the fact that it's just a case of waiting as it's out of our hands, the longer were in the UK the more we can save and take over with us.

Best of luck.

Guest stw1971

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your comments. I am posted on the timeline website, although my searches have not really found everyone in the same boat as me (time wise).

I have seen the MODL list is updated. Unfortunately 2231-11 Systems Manager is still not on it. My ACS Assessment was passed under this number. So I do not get the points for these new IT listings.

I am also saving lots of money (which is good). I feel sorry for my friends this year. Their presents aren't that great. Hopefully I can repay them next year with a stay in Oz (If my visa is granted)

Happy Xmas.

Stuart.

Archived