Do you have to hea back from medicals before you send your visa application???

chicken

:confused:

I'm a bit confused (nothing new)as I havent heard anything back about my medical. There were no health issues at all so i presume they have been 'passed' or whatever term they use.

I'm posting my visa application tomorrow(47es) but have no proof that i have had my medicals or passed them. Is there such thing? Do the people who do the medical assessments pass on my info to the visa department? On the checklist it asks for medical info but i have none so i wrote on it that they were sent to sydney back in October.

Am i right to presume that all the med info will be sent from sydney to perth (where im lodging my visa) for me?!

sorry for waffling could have said all that in one line but had to try to make myself understood -if you know what i mean??no?? oh god i'll shut up....:embarrassed:

thankyou

Guest mpur030

Hey Chicken,

The clinic where you had your medical performed should have forwarded the results to the relevant department.

Did you have your medical done in Sydney or the UK? Are you sure whether the clinic was aware that you were intending on submitting your visa app to the Perth branch? There are immigration offices in many states of Australia, including two in Sydney.

Assuming it has been sent to Perth, then you can certainly apply tomorrow as planned, the department will just marry your app with the med results. Don't be too worried about ticking the 'medical info' box on the checklist. I think a phone call to the clinic where you had your medical done would help clarify whether it's been sent to the right office.

Best wishes ;)

Guest cazbeckham

Not sure how it works with your visa but we came on a Contributory Parent Visa and we sent our application in and waited for a Case Officer who then told us to go for our medicals and police checks and when they were clear, which took about a month or so, then we was told all was OK and now we are here and loving it.

Good Luck with you application.

Guest wanderer

chicken,

It's never a case of waiting for the medicals to apply for even if medicals are done at the same time or just before they'll not be looked at until an application is in.

Completed health examination reports for all persons included in the application. Applicants applying in Australia can provide completed health examination reports at the time of lodgement. Applicants applying from outside Australia who are able to obtain health examination reports from an approved panel Doctor prior to lodgement, may forward them by mail to:

Health Operations Centre GPO Box 9984 Sydney NSW 2001 Australia

Note:

Caz,

Not sure how it works with your visa but we came on a Contributory Parent Visa and we sent our application in and waited for a Case Officer who then told us to go for our medicals and police checks

For some visas you'll find instructions on waiting until advised re supplying medicals and some people still choose to ignore that, hoping to speed the process up by doing them early, frontloading as some call it.

In the case of the ENS or a 47es Aapplication, the advice is as above.

Did you have your medical done in Sydney or the UK? Are you sure whether the clinic was aware that you were intending on submitting your visa app to the Perth branch? There are immigration offices in many states of Australia, including two in Sydney.

I had my medical in uk and they asked me where my visa was being lodged. So going by that i presume that means once its been to sydney to be assessed they will send it on to perth (place im lodging at).

Thanks for your thoughts everyone!

I'v sent my visa off now!! aaahhhhh:wink:

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

maybe a silly question......

my bf is applying for defacto, from what I understand for his meds, he goes to have his chest xrays, takes them to his medical with the DR after, does the doc then send stuff off or do we get "the results or whatevr" to put in our application?

Im confused coz when i did it a couple years ago my meds were all sent for me by my doctor with my xrays, but then im reading on here about frontloading?

By the way, we are applying in UK x

Archived