ENS - how much?!?!?

Ratchet

Think i need some advice here guys................

Feeling really positive tonight and thought i need to get on and move forward with the PR process since my employer has said that they will go with the PR process as of Jan.

Ive just started the application and now im a little confused and gobsmacked. i thought going for PR would be the way to go but now i dont think i can......

If im already working for the employer who is going to sponser me for PR and who has just promoted me after a week of working for them, why do i need a skills assessment? $640!!!

If im a British citizen, british passport holder and only speak english, have O levels to prove it too, plus already on a 457, why do i need to have an english test? $310!!!

I had full medicals in May in the UK wont they still be valid? will i have to pay more? $280 x3!!!

I cant afford to live at the moment let alone fork out for this. Since ive already paid for medicals and one visa, why am i having to pay the $1500 above plus the $6035 Visa fee ????

Total of $7535! :err: Am i getting something totally wrong here??

Total madness. I think my future has been decided, Were going back to the UK.....

Think i need some advice here guys................

Feeling really positive tonight and thought i need to get on and move forward with the PR process since my employer has said that they will go with the PR process as of Jan.

Ive just started the application and now im a little confused and gobsmacked. i thought going for PR would be the way to go but now i dont think i can......

If im already working for the employer who is going to sponser me for PR and who has just promoted me after a week of working for them, why do i need a skills assessment? $640!!!

If im a British citizen, british passport holder and only speak english, have O levels to prove it too, plus already on a 457, why do i need to have an english test? $310!!!

I had full medicals in May in the UK wont they still be valid? will i have to pay more? $280 x3!!!

I cant afford to live at the moment let alone fork out for this. Since ive already paid for medicals and one visa, why am i having to pay the $1500 above plus the $6035 Visa fee ????

Total madness. I think my future has been decided, Were going back to the UK.....

Calm down ,calm down , meds will be ok and the visa fee is $2105 or around there

Guest wanderer

Ratchet,

You may have ratcheted up your costs a bit higher than you need to have for you have added the second installment on to the first installment to get your $6035 my Arithmetic says.

Unless you got yourself a wife and dependants from Zamzuluwesi and they're still conversant in Zamzuluwesian without having picked up functional english in the UK, you'll not need to pay the second installment.

So the fee of $2525 is the standard fee for most PR visas, the nomination fee of $445 what the employer will pay.

I'd give DIAC a ring and see if your May medicals will be acceptable for they're good for 12 months and unless you had an extended time in a HR health area, they may still accept them.

And then how about you talk to your employer about whether they might want to drop your salary by $100/month for a couple of years and they pay your $2525.

They may do that and you'll only be out of pocket by $70/m or less because you'd pay tax on the $100 if getting it.

Your employer might even get generous with a Xmas bonus and say the heck!, you ain't half bad a pommie B and ww'll not worry about it.

But one way or another you may only be looking at about half or less of what you thought you would be.

Ratchet,

You may have ratcheted up your costs a bit higher than you need to have for you have added the second installment on to the first installment to get your $6035 my Arithmetic says.

Unless you got yourself a wife and dependants from Zamzuluwesi and they're still conversant in Zamzuluwesian without having picked up functional english in the UK, you'll not need to pay the second installment.

So the fee of $2525 is the standard fee for most PR visas, the nomination fee of $445 what the employer will pay.

I'd give DIAC a ring and see if your May medicals will be acceptable for they're good for 12 months and unless you had an extended time in a HR health area, they may still accept them.

And then how about you talk to your employer about whether they might want to drop your salary by $100/month for a couple of years and they pay your $2525.

They may do that and you'll only be out of pocket by $70/m or less because you'd pay tax on the $100 if getting it.

Your employer might even get generous with a Xmas bonus and say the heck!, you ain't half bad a pommie B and ww'll not worry about it.

But one way or another you may only be looking at about half or less of what you thought you would be.

Thankyou.....................:notworthy: . We have been sat here contemplating at what stage we cut our losses and go!

What about the skills assessment, the visa app is asking for a date of assessment and also a reciept number. And $610 is loads for the nursing board that have already granted my registration twice to say 'yeah shes ok '..........

Thankyou.....................:notworthy: . We have been sat here contemplating at what stage we cut our losses and go!

What about the skills assessment, the visa app is asking for a date of assessment and also a reciept number. And $610 is loads for the nursing board that have already granted my registration twice to say 'yeah shes ok '..........

Its not the wa nursing board but the anmc ,everyone (nurses for pr visas have to do it

Guest wanderer

Ratchet,

Don't know why you would have been to the "nursing board" twice but to be legally working as a nurse in Australia, you should have accreditation from the Nursing & Midwifery Council of Oz, NMCA I think it is and that's a once of deal re having your qualifications assessed and you being registered with them and then not totally sure but you could have to be registered with the state authority of whichever state you're in, a formality more or less with NMCA accreditation and current practice, some states, Queensland for instance having a Medical Board with sub boards for registration of the various medical professions.

Melbourne is a long way from WA too Yorky!

Guest Clairey b

Hi Ratchet

Am not sure if its the 175 or 121 (ens sponsored) visa you are going to go for, but if its the 121 then you will not need a skills assessment-well, i didn't and we came out on that particular visa. As long as i was registered it was not needed.

Hope this is still the case as that will save you some pennies!!

Take care and lots of luck,

Claire xx

I am in the process of ens with queensland health:

I had to have medicals again as just over the year friends off mine did not need xrays as in time frame. 5 of us meds xrays and bloods = $1500

re skills assessment as you are already registered in australia you complete form A of the ANMC which is titled Modified - migration skills assessment cost $210.00

you send this after you have arranged for verification letter to be sent from the nursing council you are registered with. I just rang qeensland nursing council they said i could apply via email and give credit card details in email alternative email then ring office again in 3 days and give card details over the phone another $65.00 have received notification that they have sent notification to ANMC they only do this on a friday:twitcy:

Police checks for here and UK you can be applying for them now if you wish whilst awaiting verification oz police checks back in a matter of days and uk less 2 weeks. i think that worked out at $300

just thankful dont have to pay to have all certificates certified.:biglaugh:

I wish you well in your quest

I hope this helps

Guest wanderer

Claireyb,

Hi Ratchet

Am not sure if its the 175 or 121 (ens sponsored) visa you are going to go for, but if its the 121 then you will not need a skills assessment-well, i didn't and we came out on that particular visa. As long as i was registered it was not needed.

Hope this is still the case as that will save you some pennies!!

Take care and lots of luck,

Claire xx

They're in Melbourne Claire and it'll be the ENS 856 for onshore.

But more's the point, I'm puzzled on how you got your 121 without a skills assessment by the ANMC which would do that to register you.

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Guest Clairey b
Claireyb,

They're in Melbourne Claire and it'll be the ENS 856 for onshore.

But more's the point, I'm puzzled on how you got your 121 without a skills assessment by the ANMC which would do that to register you.

Hi Wanderer,

I was only required to get my registration-(which was intitially for Melbourne by the way), and it is not required for the 121 that you go through the ANMC for a skills assessment. I downloaded all the paperwork (for the modified assessment), but i was informed by my agent that it was not required for the 121-thats all i know!?! and i did as i was told!!

As i previously said, i'm not sure if it has now changed, i did all my paperwork earlier in the year.

Claire

Hi Wanderer,

I was only required to get my registration-(which was intitially for Melbourne by the way), and it is not required for the 121 that you go through the ANMC for a skills assessment. I downloaded all the paperwork (for the modified assessment), but i was informed by my agent that it was not required for the 121-thats all i know!?! and i did as i was told!!

As i previously said, i'm not sure if it has now changed, i did all my paperwork earlier in the year.

Claire

Welodged for pr last december and they asked for the anmc reg and assessment

Guest wanderer

Claire,

Hi Wanderer,

Maybe we're crossed in meaning for if you have registered and it was with the ANMC, that'll mean you have been assessed.

Alternately, it does seem that Victoria is going it alone re registration for they make no reference to ANMC which is relatively new in some respects of legislation.

Nurses Board of Victoria - Overseas Nurse Initial Registration Requirements

For 121 eligibility, you certainly need qualifications[skill] assessment as stated with

you must have your skills assessed as suitable for the nominated position by the relevant skills assessing authority. A list of assessing bodies can be found in the (ENSOL)
and the assessing authority is ANMC.

With

I downloaded all the paperwork (for the modified assessment), but i was informed by my agent that it was not required for the 121-thats all i know!?! and i did as i was told!!

Maybe your agent had already submitted an ANMC registration application for you as well as one for Victoria - did he give you a full listing of what he did have done for you?

Claire,

Maybe we're crossed in meaning for if you have registered and it was with the ANMC, that'll mean you have been assessed.

Alternately, it does seem that Victoria is going it alone re registration for they make no reference to ANMC which is relatively new in some respects of legislation.

For 121 eligibility, you certainly need qualifications[skill] assessment as stated with and the assessing authority is ANMC.

With

Maybe your agent had already submitted an ANMC registration application for you as well as one for Victoria - did he give you a full listing of what he did have done for you?

I think she is right , if you look on the anmc website , the nursing boards are part of the anmc , so of you are accredited by the nursing board ,you are accredited by the anmc ,bugga $200 to the xmas fund

Guest wanderer

Yorked? [Need the third Umpire me thinks]

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer viewpost.gif

Claire,

For 121 eligibility, you certainly need qualifications[skill] assessment as stated with and the assessing authority is ANMC.

With

I think she is right , if you look on the anmc website , the nursing boards are part of the anmc , so of you are accredited by the nursing board ,you are accredited by the anmc ,bugga $200 to the xmas fund

Can you show a reference to that claim in bold Yorky?

Situation as DIAC/ANMC sees it as is:

. ANMC are definitely the accredited body as for assessment of Nursing

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf Page 6

. ANMC do work with States in determining standards etc.

Welcome to the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council Incorporated (ANMC) | Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council

The ANMC is a peak body established in 1992 to facilitate a national approach to nursing and midwifery regulation. The ANMC works with state and territory Nursing and Midwifery Regulatory Authorities (NMRA) in evolving standards for statutory nursing and midwifery regulation. These standards are flexible, effective and responsive to the health care requirements of the Australian population.

The ANMC is also an authorised assessing authority for the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) and undertakes skills assessments of internationally qualified nurses and midwives seeking permanent migration in Australia;

And they assess, but not register [my choice of wrong wording]

International Section | Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council

There are some cases where assessment is not required

Migration Skills Assessment | Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council

And there is State to State Mutual Registration Agreement

Frequently Asked Questions | Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council

What do I do if I want to be registered in more than one state/territory?

Between all states and territories in Australia, there is an agreement called Mutual Recognition Legislation. What this means is, that once you are registered in one state or territory, the process is simplified to gain registration in another state or territory. Yes -You can hold registration in more than one state or territory at any given time.

Between New Zealand and Australia (except WA), there is an agreement called Trans -Tasman Mutual Recognition Legislation.

What this means is once you have gained registration in Australia, you can gain registration in New Zealand (and vice versa) through a simplified process.

All the above is fine if not a fine leg tickle

But still, Assessment is a requirement for a PR 121

It has been that way for quite some time Claire.

One way around it for an 856 it would seem

Would be if you got the 856 via the two years on a 457 pathway and had registered with a state that allowed that without ANMC assessment [such as Victoria]

But Ratchet ain't doing that.

I do ammend my earlier advice though of ANMC assessment being required for a state registration [the principle for some other professions]

And Ratchet

You would not have required ANMC assessment for a 457 visa

But you will still need it for the 856, even if it will be the Modified Assessment

http://www.anmc.org.au/userfiles/file/Modified%20(Form%20A)%202007original.pdf

EDIT - This is Ratchet by the way, on my OH's log in!!!! hehehehe

:err:

Err??

Thanks for the discussion guys and responses to my query, but Im even more confused now and have to read up a bit more.

Ive been through the docs on the intranet at work.

Ive got a form for PR. Its says 'currently healthscope use the 785 form for permenant residency under the ENS and ACHA the 857 form for PR under the regional sponsered migration scheme'

So anyways, i think ive completed the wrong paperwork on the immi site, as i was doing it for the onshore independant visa....Above looks a little different to that.

As for the ANMC, I intend to call them. I dont understand why, if im already registered in VIC and the UK why i need to complete the skills assessment for me being a qualified psych nurse for the past 10 yrs.

And it goes the same for the IELTS. Jeeezzz! they're having a laugh arent they. I feel patronised.

They either want me in this country or not and if not take my job off the 'In Demand list' . Why do they have to make it so hard? Or have i been conditioned to the UKs way of thinking - Open the door and let them in.

Guest wanderer

Ratchet, as the1truechris

Err??

Thanks for the discussion guys and responses to my query, but Im even more confused now and have to read up a bit more.

Ive been through the docs on the intranet at work.

Ive got a form for PR. Its says 'currently healthscope use the 785 form for permenant residency under the ENS and ACHA the 857 form for PR under the regional sponsered migration scheme'

So anyways, i think ive completed the wrong paperwork on the immi site, as i was doing it for the onshore independant visa....Above looks a little different to that.

As for the ANMC, I intend to call them. I dont understand why, if im already registered in VIC and the UK why i need to complete the skills assessment for me being a qualified psych nurse for the past 10 yrs.

Get yourself a little untwisted and:

. Yep, the employer willuse a form 785 for a ENS856 visa

. Yep you use a different form - 47es

Read about both employer and employee - Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

The forms themselves you can find on Application Forms – Numerical List – Forms 100 to 999

As for the ANMC, it's a little quirky in a way in that unlike some other professions, if Nurses are on a temporary visa like a 457 or a WHV, they only need to register with a state authority.

That's why in working for Victoria you were only required to register with Victoria.

Now that you are going for PR, it gets a little different, particularly because you're taking a more direct path rather than the two years on a 457.

Because of that, if you look at your eligibility requirements - Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856) and you have to meet one of the following:

You must also meet one of the following requirements:

• have worked full-time in Australia in the nominated occupation on a Subclass 418, 421, 422, 428, 444, 457 or 461 temporary residence visa for the last two years prior to the visa application being made (including at least the last 12 months with the nominating employer)
  • have been nominated to fill a highly paid senior executive position with a salary of more than $165 000 per annum (excluding superannuation or allowances)
  • have had your skills assessed as suitable by the relevant skills assessing authority and, unless exceptional circumstances apply, have at least three years full-time work experience in the occupation before the visa application is lodged. A list of assessing bodies can be found in the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL).

• Unless they're going to be paying you $165,000+, it'll be the third.

• The assessing authority is the ANMC and because you are registered in Victoria, you do not need a full assessment but the Modified one at about $200

• If part of the deal is the IELTS score, that's something you'll have to wear or just stay on the 457 for two years and can they still not give you the promotion if you stay on the 457 and after two years you can do the 856 and not bother the ANMC.

• 6 months later...

Hi guys. i have just stumbled upon this thread, my husband two kids and i are hoping to move out to oz in the next few months, dominic my husband has his promise of registration letter from the nsw nmb which he recieved in nov.

Initailly we were hoping to come out on the 457 but after securing a job at randwick in sydney they suggested it would be better to apply for the 121 which they nominated us for medicals police clarance etc all sent with the application in may no case officer yet, and until today i thought that this was everything we needed but looking at this thread it would seem he will need anmb skills assesment as well including IELTS,, does anyone know if this is still the case or if its likely to change when the boards amalgamate in july,, i have just yesterday booked flights for him to get out there and get his registration card in his hand so that if there are any new requirements he wouldnt be affected!!!! Looking at the anmb website it looks like they are taking three months to procces skills assesments.... cheryl.

Archived