advice on buying a car

dudleydog

Guest Guest31881
hi there

we are looking for a car in sydney area but not sure whether to buy a new or used one,can we haggle with dealers on price.

Yes definatly Haggle, they want your business, they will do their best to get it. :jiggy:

Guest wayniexagt

never pay what the sticker says . always offer a grand less than the sticker then dont say a word after. put the ball in his court . i saved 800 bucks just by being cheeky. just wave cash infront of there face and watch em crumble infront of you

Car Auctions are also a way of getting a car cheap, most of the dealers will get their cars from these places and then wack a few grand on it for "joe" public. What sort of budget do you have? Remember there is stamp duty (3% of purchace price) and rego (road tax) plus your green slip to pay (third party insurance). Be aware when it comes to insurance don't buy fully comp insurance thinking that will cover thrid party insurance, as it doesn't. If you want to be fully comp then you in effect have 2 insurance policies on your car.

Also check out carsales.com.au and also give ebay a try as well.

I work at Pickles Auctions in Canberra and may be able to give you advice on buying a car, just send me a PM with any questions.

Archived