Applying for Teaching jobs?????

:wink: Hi all, just wanted to ask advice. I wondered what the proceedure is for applying for teaching jobs before leaving UK. Is there agents or a pool? I am presently working in a primary class part time (y2) so if l can l would like to try to get ball rolling before we move to Oz, how likely is is to get a job before you go?? We are not fixed on an area but at the mo we are favouring Brisbane. Any advice you lot, Cheers Smith tribe

In order to teach in Australia you need to be registered with the relevant state. I know, from talking to Dan, that you meet the necessary 4 years at uni but you still have to prove your teaching qualifications etc and show work history and that you meet the standards for teachers over there.

I am currently waiting to here from the Victorian Institute of Teaching - I sent my application off 2 weeks ago and it feels like forever.

Once you have registered then, from what I have read, you can pretty much apply for what you like in Victoria - I don't know about the other states. I do know though that google.com.au is a fab place to start. Get surfing and download the forms - you can apply while still in the UK and then register with different teaching agencies.

If I can help in any way (I will try), let me know

Felicity:cute:

Archived