Sending Police Check Applications in the Postal Strike Period

Kempy

Just in case anyone is in the same situation...If you want to send your police check applications to ACRO via another delivery company, due to Royal Mail strikes, you need to send them to

ACRO,

Care of Dash-It

Brook 50, Stephenson Road

Calmore Industrial Estate

Totton

Hampshire

SO4 3RY

This is because their normal address is a PO Box and with other delivery companies you normally need a signature. We are still trying to find a delivery company though! TNT are only doing business accounts already set up due to high demand, got cut off from UPS when trying to organise pick up, had quotes for as much as £108 +VAT!! ...man, I didn't realise how much I used the Royal Mail! :chatterbox:

Kempy

Guest Guest31881

Have you asked at the Post office about next day Guarenteed delivery, I was under the impression that the Managers where still operating this system throughout the strike.

Guest tomatohead

i sent my passport off to the Aussie high commision on friday by silver pouch next day delivery £ 10.80 and was assured that the managers from royal mail are not on strike and will be dealing with all special delivery mail so this service will not be affected by the strikes

Tom

Posted mine wednesday, I asked at the post office was there any point posting and was told special delivery ( £4.95 ) was still being used and was garenteed 1.00pm next delivery.

isr999

I had to use Dash-IT because I needed it to be picked up from my house in England then delivered to Australia and thought they offered a brilliant service - and really good customer service too. I paid extra for the faster service but the quote for the normal service was actually very similar. I don't know why it costs so much for delivery within the UK but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if I ever needed to get another one.

Archived