Advice on 175 Visa timescales

Guest debrobliam

Guest debrobliam

Hi

This is my first ever thread on pomsinoz so hope i'm doing it right. I am currently a midwife working in the UK and have recently applied for a 175 visa to oz. I applied on the 23rd sept 09 and was wondering if anyone has any ideas/timescales on when i may get a CO. Hoping its not going to be too long a wait.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Debs, Rob and Liam

Hi,

Welcome!

There's a sticky thread at the top of the migration issues page with details of a timeline monitor site. This site (there are others around as well) is where people post their details of when they applied and for which visa etc. Then they can add on details such as when they got a case officer and sent their medicals off, for example. There are some threads around with similar info on as well. When you first start looking it seems really daunting!

The processing seems to be a bit hit and miss to be honest, but I think the DIAC reckon you will be completed within 12 months for a 175 on the CSL, although most people seem to be completed in about 6 months. We applied in Jun 09 and hopefully are expecting a CO imminently. The differing visa's (175/176) and the differing priorities and the MODL /CSL all make a difference. They seem to have sped up a bit since the changes in September.

Plus, it sounds like the whole visa programme/ process will be changed in ?mid 2010.

I'm fairly new to the site myself so hopefully people will be able to give you more info, but I hope you find this helpful and dont have too wait too long!

Guest debrobliam

Hi

Thanks for the info. i think i may of been on one of these sites and i noticed a nurse received her visa within 5-6 months so you shouldn't be much longer hopefully. Thanks again and good luck xx

Hi Debs

Welcome to Poms in Oz, its a great site with loads of people willing to help with any questions you may have.

As you are a midwife, I would suggest that you are on the critical list and am sure you will be processed quite quickly.

There is a great thread running at the moment which shows how long people are waiting at the moment for Case Officers and visas. If you take a look at the first page on the thread you will see everyone listed there.

Take a look and add your details; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71250-priority-processing-groups-1-4-where-u-now-11.html#post608113

Good luck with your application

Tasha:wubclub:

Archived