Hope someone can advise

Pptrixibell

I think I posted my previous issue on the Welcome forum and it should've been on this......I have an e-visa that is valid for a year (July 10) and as I've been trying to check the status of my 300 subclass visa, I can't see it, will it still be the same TRN no or will I be allocated a new TRN no for the prospective marriage visa??

Also there's a couple of typo's no the 40SP form and have a new one being sent over by my fiance as we speak but the visa application has been sent to London now....am awaiting a case officer being allocated but have not had any confirmation as yet.....a little worried that they'll throw the visa out and although I'm willing to inform them of the mistakes on the form and forward a new one I'd just like to see if the C/O will accept the typo and a new form being sent in??

Can someone please help???????????:wideeyed:

Sorry but I've joined the site recently to try and get as much assistance and guidance as possible to get the visa application granted asap

Hi Pptrixibell

I would expect a different visa would be a new TRN and re your typos, you can download the forms from the immi site and use http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf to notify of any errors.

Did you keep a copy of your 40SP for if so, take another copy and send it in with the 1023.

Cheers

Hi thanks for helping Wanderer, most appreciated and yes I sent the original 40SP but also kept a copy which has been certified over in Australia so am able to take another copy and send the certified copy in. Do I do that before I get contact from the Case Officer or should I wait until I have contact from them first??

Guest wanderer

If the typos are not all that significant trixi, you could probably wait for a CO but if you feel it is enough to warrant a notification just send in your copy [with changes required/noted] with the 1023 form now.

Guest wanderer

Trixi,

Received an email today to inform me that a case officer has been assigned - wow that's much quickness!!

Looking good then for starters and if you have been given a contact email or anything, you could shoot one in advising of the date needingto be corrected and ask whether you need to send in the correction form or whether the email is sufficient.

Could just keep it simple for you.

No idea on current processing times but there could be sometimeline threads about.

Good luck

Trixi,

Looking good then for starters and if you have been given a contact email or anything, you could shoot one in advising of the date needingto be corrected and ask whether you need to send in the correction form or whether the email is sufficient.

Could just keep it simple for you.

No idea on current processing times but there could be sometimeline threads about.

Good luck

Thanks Wanderer

I replied as soon as I got the message from the C/O to let him know that I'd be doing that....however, this is (what I think is the standard receipt letter)

am writing to confirm receipt of your migrant visa application and to advise you of your file reference number (shown above).

It is essential that you quote your file reference number in full and my name in future when corresponding with this office about this visa application via any medium, ie letter, facsimile, e-mail or telephone.

In order to continue with the processing of your application, you need to provide further information marked with an ‘X’ below. Please ensure that you provide all requested information in the one envelope, addressed to me, and that your file reference number (shown above) is also quoted on the front of the envelope. (**Note: If this request for further documentation includes a request for medical documentation, these will be forwarded direct to the Australian High Commission by the panel doctor).

It is important that you provide this office with the requested information within 49 days of the date of this letter. If the additional information requested above is in relation to health and character requirements, and you are unable to provide that information within the time frame prescribed above, you must provide evidence that you have taken the appropriate steps to obtain this information. If you do not respond within the given time frame, a decision on your application will be made based on the information contained on your file at that time.

If you have been requested to provide a ‘certified copy’ it must clearly marked and dated as an authentic copy of the original by an authorised person, ie solicitor, Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or Magistrate.

If you have been asked to make a statutory declaration your declaration must be witnessed by a solicitor, Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or Magistrate. The statutory declaration must be written on the letterhead of the witness. The witness must confirm that they have sighted your photo identification confirming your identity.

Prospective Marriage requirements

X You, any other person included in your application aged 17 years or over, and your sponsor if your sponsor is an eligible New Zealand citizen sponsor, must provide ORIGINAL police clearance certificate(s) for any country lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years. Provide the following police clearances;

UK

Persons who require a UK police clearance should apply for a ‘Police certificate’ issued by ACPO (The Association of ChiefPolice Officers). The Police Certificates will cover applicants who have lived or currently reside in England, Wales, Scotland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man. There is also the capacity for police certificates to be issued for Northern Ireland.

Apply – Application forms and guidance on how to apply for the police certificates for residents and non-residents can be located online at Association of Chief Police Officers

Persons who require an Australian police clearance should refer to the Australian Federal Police (AFP) website in order to obtain a National Police Check application form. This form can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.afp.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/90643/NPC-Application_form.pdf

It is essential that you enclose the correct payment when lodging this application form with the Australian Federal Police. For further information, please see the following website:

National Police Checks - AFP

Persons who require police clearances for any other country should refer to Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates (formerly known as Form 47P). This can be downloaded from the following link:

Character Requirement - Applications & Forms

X Provide certified photocopies of:

· The passport for: Fiance.

· Divorce decree absolute/deed of legal separation for you and: XXX

· Provide 2 passport sized photos of: XXX

I aim to finalise the processing of your visa application as quickly as possible. During this period, it is important that you contact me to advise of any change in your personal circumstances that may affect your application (such as travel to Australia, pregnancy, a change of marital status or a change of address).

PLEASE NOTE:

As a guideline for yourself, current processing times for Family Migration visas at the Australian High Commission London are approximately 3-4 months due to our current workloads. This timeframe can vary however depending on various factors including the complexity of the application. We therefore recommend that you do not take any irreversible action during the processing of your application (such as leaving your employment, purchasing airline tickets, or selling your property) until and unless it has been confirmed in writing that your visa has been granted.

I would also like to take this opportunity to advise you that, if we confirm in writing that your visa application has been approved, you will be required to enter Australia by a particular date, known as the ‘initial entry date’. This date will be linked to the expiry of your health and character clearances, which are usually valid for 12 months. The requirement to enter Australia by a particular date does not mean that a person is required to stay in Australia following initial entry. Therefore, if a visa is granted to you and you are not able to migrate wholly to Australia by your initial entry date because, for example, you need to sell your house, you must still enter Australia by the initial entry date. You can then depart and return to Australia at a later date, so long as your visa is multiple entry and is still valid. However, if a visa is granted to you and you do not enter Australia by the initial entry date, you will have breached a condition of your visa and your visa will be liable for cancellation.

If you have sent your documents to the office via special delivery or registered mail, you can confirm receipt of this at the office through the Royal Mail website (http://www.royalmail.com/portal). We aim to action all mail received within 10 working days of receipt.

I'm guessing they didn't receive a copy of my fiance's passport, I could've sworn blind that it went in however, now I've looked for it I can find it in the copy folder...so guess I'll have to get another copy of that, but my question is with them putting 3 red X's on the form that they don't require this info either???

THanks and much appreciated!!

Guest wanderer
but my question is with them putting 3 red X's on the form that they don't require this info either???

Have you been previously married?

If so those 3Xs could be to just highlight the requirement.

I haven't but my fiance has but we've included the divorce decree, marriage certificate etc all certified with the application as well as the 4 passport size photos' for me as per the requirement and 2 for him........so not too sure about how to understand it at all.....::looking from side to side!!!:::

Guest wanderer

It could just mean then as you originally said Trixi that they have been received and are not required, but best to clarify that with a quick email back.

Just be very specific re "Do the red Xs mean those items under the Black X heading are not required?"

And then is the passport copy certified for if not you had better get Aussie guy to do one and post over.

They might have just mislaid his paperwork in amongst all you sent and will likely find it later, however, if you are not sure you sent it - or if you want to be absolutely sure they have it, you could always ask your fiance to get some new copies certified and then send it over. If you are worried about the postal strikes, Australia Post's express courier service is very good and when we used it last week, they used Parcel Force to deliver - apparently Parcel Force aren't affected by the strikes in the same way so it should take no more than 3-4 days to get the paperwork to you - or to Australia House from Australia.

Either way, it sounds positive so far :hug:

I sent down a cover letter with form1023 aswell as my original Police check as I was dubious about that too - although I know a certified copy went in with the original (Sent special delivery here so they should get it on Monday). I asked for clarification of the red XXX's in the letter as well as stating if the c/o's not happy to accept my original Form 1023 then Bri will do one and send one over via email aswell as a scanned certified copy of his passport....or he can hand it in to DIAC in ACT Regional Office, he doesn't work far from there so it's not too much bother for him to get it in there, so fingers crossed the C/o will accept one of those options, will wait and see!!!

Thanks for all the advice folks, I'm really unsure about what to expect with this application once it's gone in as it's obviously something we've never done before!!!

:::Big hugs:::

So I've just made my coffee and found a special delivery envelope at my front door, (Sat am and just up!) Postie who is a friend of mine put a note on it saying he'd signed for it for me so I could get it. There's no cover letter, no comps slip just some evidence that I had send down like postal receipts, my flight ticket confirmation in Sept, copy of my e-visa, mobile telephone bills (with the front page ripped off them), photo's that I had sent and some evidence of instant chat's we'd had on the internet whilst apart.....I'm being optimistic here and thinking that the C/O has seen these ticked them off the sheet and sent them back quick smart as they're no longer required???

Can anyone confirm if this is the case???

Thanks folks and sorry for being so green around the gills xxx

Guest wanderer

Sometimes Trixi, people do supply more than what immi needs but re the copy of Bri's passport, if you need a certified copy of that from Bri in Oz., I'd still do delivery per what is in the CO notice to you [a mailing address wasn't it?]

And just do not stress/panic for you have plenty of time to do it the way it has been specified.

I reckon it'll be when you start doing things differently, the system will not work as it is planned to.

Only do the scanning and emailing if you have cleared that with the CO is my view.

Sometimes Trixi, people do supply more than what immi needs but re the copy of Bri's passport, if you need a certified copy of that from Bri in Oz., I'd still do delivery per what is in the CO notice to you [a mailing address wasn't it?]

And just do not stress/panic for you have plenty of time to do it the way it has been specified.

I reckon it'll be when you start doing things differently, the system will not work as it is planned to.

Only do the scanning and emailing if you have cleared that with the CO is my view.

Thanks Wanderer, yeah you're right I'm probably just being a little over eager, and I'll get Bri to mail the certified copy over aswell direct to the C/O so that way it'll get there straight away from the Worldwide Delivery Centre in London as opposed to it having to journey up to Edinburgh and then sending it back down.....Bri can send me a separate certified copy individually so then I'll have it if the C/O doesn't get it.....feeling much better about all of this now, thanks for all your help and patience with me!! :hug::notworthy:

Yup I think they get your stuff copy it then send it back to you. I got lots of my evidence back after a week, cards, birth certificates etc. Then a few days later an email saying they needed more evidence plus medicals.

Hi Shel

Well hopefully all they'll need is the certified copy of the passport, I've been assured by the Doc who did my meds that she sent them off on 02 Sept this year, and gave me a reference no for tracking if the High Commission need it......:unsure::cute:

Archived