How long in hotels:)

Briggy

Me and my OH are going to Oz in Jan 2010. I have been looking at a one months rental and have found one for just over £1,000. But I was wondering how long other peeps have stayed in self catering accommadation, hotels and motels. Is it better just renting for two weeks then finding permanenet rentals in that time period, can it be done that quick.

Looking at south Brisbane area need to book asap:):confused:

Cheers Brig x

Me and my OH are going to Oz in Jan 2010. I have been looking at a one months rental and have found one for just over £1,000. But I was wondering how long other peeps have stayed in self catering accommadation, hotels and motels. Is it better just renting for two weeks then finding permanenet rentals in that time period, can it be done that quick.

Cheers Brig x

Hi Briggy,

Be interested in the responses you receive on this as we leave for South Brisbane in 6 weeks!!!

(Still not sort any accom out yet)

Rich.x

Thing is we need accommadation sorted as we need an address for our dog in quarranteen:(

Lets hope we get some good answers:)

I've just been on the other forums and it sugests that you rent for 4/6 weeks to give you plenty of time to look arround.

Brig :)

Guest dawnpepper

we are going to Perth in approx 6-8 weeks once we have exchanged and completed on our house. We have rented a furnished rental for 8 weeks as we have to allow for a delay in our furniture arriving due to christmas and New Year. We also have 2 dalmatians so have allowed extral time to find rental that will allow animals. We used a friend's address in perth for quarantine so that we could apply for import permits. Our rental landlords have also agreed to collect us from the airport. We will be paying approx 800-1000 english pounds per month but think it is worth it. Hope this may help answer your question and hope you get some more answers. Good luck in your new life.

Dawn.

Cheers Brig x

Hi Brig

Try having a look on Stayz or Takeabreak and see if you can find something on there. You will probably find a fully furnished rental is cheaper than a hotel. I am not sure of your dates, but have a look at my link below and see whether that might suit you. There is a bookings calendar on the rates and bookings page.

Love

Rudi

x

We recommend approx 4 weeks in furnished accommodation, to cover everything you need to do and find,view and secure a longer term rental.

You should also find most company's give you a discount for staying 4 weeks or more too, as a guide we charge from $107 pr family pr night for a 4 week stay on accommodation only and we don't charge extra for pets or baby equipment. (this also includes a meet and greet service)

Hope this helps

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, I see you are heading for Brisbane and I think rentals are a lot easier to get than down here in Melbourne. However, I would still recommend 4 weeks, this gives you time to get over the jet lag have a good look at the suburbs and the schools attached to those suburbs.

We recommend 4 weeks to most of our clients but when we have asked their opinion at a later stage nearly all of them say they wish they would have had longer and most say 6 weeks.

I am sure that Rudi or Cal may have something available to help you or if not they can recommend someone for you.

Good luck with the move

Kate

hey brig goodluck with the move.

When i came over i spent about 3-4 weeks in temp accomodation before securing my first permanent rental and tbh i reckon i should have spent longer as i really didn't like my first rental. don't let yourself get sucked into something due to a timeframe, make sure the area is what you want with no noisey neighbours etc!!

Archived