If i lodge my skilled migration visa in January could i...

miguelrg

Hey everyone, just wondering, i am planning on lodging my visa with knowing that it might be a couple of years till it's approved..

Til then is there any problems with me travelling south america, and going on a working holiday to new zealand for a year until it's lodged?

Thanks

Guest Gollywobbler
Hey everyone, just wondering, i am planning on lodging my visa with knowing that it might be a couple of years till it's approved..

Til then is there any problems with me travelling south america, and going on a working holiday to new zealand for a year until it's lodged?

Thanks

Hi Miguel

Do you mean travelling around whilst your Aussie visa application is in the queue or being processed?

You can do what you like during the waiting/processing period. Where you go and what you do is no concern of the Ausie Government's unless you get into strife with the cops in another country because that would show on your police checks later on.

Cheers

Gill.

Guest eurosyl

You can be anywhere in the world when the visa is being processed (even in Oz) as long as you let DIAC know where you are. You have to provide them with a valid contact address, and you must notifiy them of change in residential address if that differs from the one you provided for longer than 14 days. I was in Oz during processing, my residential address was still in my country of origin (as I was a tourist in Oz), but I changed my contact details to reflect where I could be contacted. There are forms that you can fill out for that (such as change of circumstances).

The only limitation is that you cannot be in Oz when an offshore visa is granted, and that is why DIAC needs to know whether you are in or outside of the country at all time.

Cheers,

Sylvia

Guest Gollywobbler
I meant if it's lodged this january and applied for as it won't be getting processed for a while will it?

What if i get a notice in a year or so saying it's being processed will i have to fly back from wherever i am?

Thanks

Hi Miguel

Unless your occupation is on the Critical Skills List, it is unlikely that your visa application would be processed until 2013 and maybe beyond.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/critical-skills-list.pdf

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70325-what-would-you-say-minister-immigration-really.html

No you would not have to go rushing anywhere for your visa to be granted. As long as you are not in Oz you can be wherever you like.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Glenn Pereira

Right now the following is being worked out in Canberra

-ESOS amendment (Education)

-MODL submission from the public and DIAC analysis

-Job Ready Test for on-shore

-Off-shore Skills Assessment for Trades courses by selected Registered Training Authorities based on Tenders

-Replacement of TRA Uniform Assessment Criteria

-Solution to the on-shore and off-shore scams

Above are crucial to the new on-shore and off-shore programs.

I would suggest to wait for any new announcement by the Government.

If a new policy is announced , I anticipate a new queue will start from the date of the announcement.

Happened in 1st July 99, 1st Sept 2007

Regards

Glenn Pereira

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Glenn

I have just checked Miguel's earlier posts. It seems that he is a Hairdresser.

Where somebody is on the current MODL and is potentially eligible for State sponsorship as well, will there be any merit in pressing ahead with a sc 175 application as soon as possible, do you think?

I've been wondering about this question for the last couple of days but I've no idea what the right answer would be.

Many thanks

Gill

Guest Glenn Pereira

Does he have a TRA positive skill assessment ?

I think unless new policy guidelines are announced , I would suggest to all potential applicants to wait.

Regards

Glenn Pereira

Archived