Medicals

Metoo

Hello everyone, we have started the road to Australia, we are having our medicals next week, does anyone know if we are told if we have passed or is it a secret? Also, do we get the results to submit with our applications, as we seem to have got the idea that the medicals are sent directly to someone, if so how do they get matched to our visa applications when we submit them.

Would appreciate any insight into this. Thanks.

Hi,

I had my medicals done last week. The doctor did say that everything seemed fine, and would have to wait for the blood test results to come back. She said that if all was ok, they would not contact us and just send off the meds to Sydney. I called anyway to check a few days later, and was advised they were sent off but no further info was given by the receptionist. I assumed they were fine. They have since been finalised.

I dont think you are allowed to open the envelope from the x-rays and meds if they are given to you to send. That invalidates them. Most panel doctors arrange to send them directly anyway. They match them to your application as you put on it your application reference details which I got from my agent. This is the ref no you get when you lodge your application, so if you've not done that yet, I am not sure what you do.

Hope that helps,

Shaz

Guest aspinall

When we had ours done the examining doctor told us during the consultation that we had nothing to worry about from what he had seen, but at that point our blood samples and x-rays had not been analyzed. The doctor sends the report directly to the immigration office in Australia so we never got to see the results. If you're generally fit and healthy then you shouldn't have anything to worry about!

Guest timkerbell2009

Hi Metoo...before you do the medicals, check out this website. You haven't said which visa you are applying for but these changes could affect you and the money you pay out for the meds. As far as the meds are concerned, I don't know about other people, but our doctors' told us before they were sent off that unofficially, everything was ok with them. The medical and police checks only last for one year so if the process looks longer than that for you, I'd not do them just yet.

New priority processing directions for certain skilled migration visas – 23 September 2009;

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Hopefully, the changes won't affect you. Good luck with the application.

Guest shawgorbys

hi meeto i agree with the others we did oues when got told and now they have expired and we are still here with nothing accept empty bank balance so please be carefull take care Andrea&family:chatterbox::cry:

Hi Metoo...before you do the medicals, check out this website. You haven't said which visa you are applying for but these changes could affect you and the money you pay out for the meds. As far as the meds are concerned, I don't know about other people, but our doctors' told us before they were sent off that unofficially, everything was ok with them. The medical and police checks only last for one year so if the process looks longer than that for you, I'd not do them just yet.

New priority processing directions for certain skilled migration visas – 23 September 2009;

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Hopefully, the changes won't affect you. Good luck with the application.

I feel lucky, I am Australian and am taking my girlfriend and her daughter on a partner visa, so I am hoping for an easier passage than some.

Guest ScottishSmile

Hello meeto,

I got my medical done here in australia. I got tests done last week and the results yesterday. All tests results clear, a quick check up by the doctor and i was done. I then got handed the report in a sealed envelope that ive been instructed to hand over to immigration with everything else (im applying defacto) when i apply next month.

Good luck.

Hello meeto,

I got my medical done here in australia. I got tests done last week and the results yesterday. All tests results clear, a quick check up by the doctor and i was done. I then got handed the report in a sealed envelope that ive been instructed to hand over to immigration with everything else (im applying defacto) when i apply next month.

Good luck.

Hi ScotishSmile,

Yours sounds very simple, I think not so easy here. We have to travel to stoke (from Leicester) next week for X rays and blood tests, then one week later we have to back a second time for a medical once the results are in. This means two days off work, a bit tricky as they don't yet know what we are planning.

Congratulations on your clean bill of health, hope your visa goes as smoothly.

Hi

The doctor who conducted our medicals was lovely and told us everthing was fine(although we have to go again next week as my daughter was on her period..so needs a repeat urine test)

They told me to ring for my blood test and our x rays results..(which I am doing tomorrow).

She also said if they find a problem, they have to deal with it.

Hi ScotishSmile,

Yours sounds very simple, I think not so easy here. We have to travel to stoke (from Leicester) next week for X rays and blood tests, then one week later we have to back a second time for a medical once the results are in. This means two days off work, a bit tricky as they don't yet know what we are planning.

Congratulations on your clean bill of health, hope your visa goes as smoothly.

Hiya

We had our medicals done in Nottingham, not sure if thats a bit closer for you, they were super efficiant and really friendly and not bad price either

Clarie x

We had ours done in Cambridge took approx 40 minutes for 4 medicals.

chest Xrays done at private hospital in cambridge on same day,

No more visits required simple !

They were super efficient friendly and we never heard from them again !

All info was sent direct to Australia and our visas arrived a month ago !

We worried about our meds as two of us have some medical issues but it was not a problem at all !

:biggrin:

Guest guest33730

Hi,

we had our done today in Glasgow - super efficient and despite high blood pressure (probably due to the stress of this whole application procedure i dont think i have anything to worry about. They only contact you if something serious shows up on your x-ray or blood tests. other than that everything else is reported to HOC in Sydney and it's up to them if they want to refer it although i am lead to understand that most things that we might worry about such as being overweight or high blood pressure are not normally a problem unless some other symptoms have been displayed or if you are likely to develop serious problems in the next 10 years.

Hope that helps

Daniel

Guest ScottishSmile

I was a bit concerned as i have sinus trouble but the doctor seemed not to be concerned so all good. Good luck to all that are awaiting results- even though i knew i would be fine i still got a bit nervous- i just dont want anything to jeapordise my visa application to stay here with my man.

Good Luck!!

Archived