pluto

Hi All :v_SPIN:

We are just starting the process of moving to Australia , lots to read and do !

We are in France , family of 5 and looking forward to the future move

I have been reading through many threads so much info , a great forum :cool:

Well so far I have found out

We could go on a sponsor visa if my OH gets a job , have applied for many from various job sites.

Skilled visa , if he can get his lack of qualifications ( time served but 24 years exp) recognised by TRA with AQFIII and then he needs blue card /white card and licence.

State sponsor but I think QLD is now not doing this

We do have family in QLD but they are not yet resident and can not sponsor us.

Still not sure on an agent or DIY ... I think I can manage , maybe

Does this seem right & make sense ? :wideeyed:

Guest Dionne and Rickie

:wubclub:Welcome to PIO as Dawny says you will find some wonderful people on here and make some great friends, just shout if you have any questions there is always someone on heare who can help.:jiggy:

Hello and welcome to PIO!

We are in France too, so if you need any pointers let us know... we have also applied for State Sponsor with QLD and just received it.

Where abouts in France are you? What trade are you applying on? My hubby had to get his qualifications recognised by ACTS UK for the AQF III and they came over to France too. If you need any contacts there then let me know.

Good luck with it all :wubclub:

Hi Taz2008

Congratulations on your news

We are in the Charente Maritime

My husband is a joiner / shopfitter so carpentry I think , I need to confirm that as I see carpenter and shopfitter on the certificate lists.

He is time served so no qualifications , I have been told that tax records would be enough as well as client references.

Any contacts and info you can pass on regarding the AQF III would be fantastic

Thank you :wubclub:

Hi Taz2008

Congratulations on your news

We are in the Charente Maritime

My husband is a joiner / shopfitter so carpentry I think , I need to confirm that as I see carpenter and shopfitter on the certificate lists.

He is time served so no qualifications , I have been told that tax records would be enough as well as client references.

Any contacts and info you can pass on regarding the AQF III would be fantastic

Thank you :wubclub:

Hello again...

My hubby used ACTS UK for his AQF III qualification. Peter Hodges was our contact and Bruce was the person who came to asses him here in France. They did not charge us anything extra for coming over to France either which was fantastic. It was a really easy assesment and your hubby will be fine if he has the experience! They are a really nice bunch of lads and so helpful! This is their website which gives you some info on what they do www.uk.tradetrain.com.au and you will find all their contact details on there too.

Its a bit of a pain having worked in France as everything you have to supply to either the TRA or the DIAC when applying for your visa has to be translated into English. Luckily most of our contacts for work here are either English or speak English so we were able to get all our references and stuff already in English. One of the problems we had though was proving that my hubby worked over 20hrs per week, as he is self employed there was no way to show this, so we found an English accountant who went through the last 4 years of his accounts and wrote a declaration stating how much had been earned and so on which was very useful and you might want to consider doing the same sort of thing, once you are at the stage of applying to the DIAC.

Another tip, you will also need to get a couple of suppliers to write to confirm that you have ordered materials from them, and to save time and money getting it translated I actually wrote out something for them in French and English then saved it to a disc and asked them to put the English version on their headed paper for me, which worked fine for the TRA.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Good luck

Tasha:wubclub:

Thank you Tasha :wubclub:

I have got the accountant on with our letters and our suppliers and on with the AQF

Sorry for the delay in thanking you but I have been consumed in reading info and searching for documents :goofy:

My house looks like a war happened !

I also seem to be getting taken over by paperwork , it is everywhere !

Note to ones self ; do not start the process of something so time consuming at TVA time !

Thank you Tasha

I have got the accountant on with our letters and our suppliers and on with the AQF

Sorry for the delay in thanking you but I have been consumed in reading info and searching for documents

My house looks like a war happened !

I also seem to be getting taken over by paperwork , it is everywhere !

Note to ones self ; do not start the process of something so time consuming at TVA time !

:wacko:Yes I bet your head is all over the place. We are lucky though, we dont have to worry about TVA as my OH has a micro enterprise... so its a little easier than your route!

I remeber the days well of the AQF and TRA. Glad that bit is over as that is the worst bit.

When do you plan to go to Australia? We were hoping that we would be able to go next summer, but now with all the changes immigration made in September its looking like none of us will be there before 2012 unless they change everything again! We are very dissapointed now, such is life hey!

If you need anything, do let me know.

Best wishes

Tasha:wubclub:

Archived