Question for anyone who has gone from 457 to ENS 856

gparkes

Hi all,

I need to ask anyone who has done this process if family members are contacted that have been listed on your 856PR form?

We are currently looking at the process and forms we need to fill in to apply for a 856ENS, my brother in law has a criminal record and we are very apprehensive to name him on the form where it says " list all family members"

He is a half brother and does not have the same surname as us, do you think family are contacted? ( anyone who has done this was any of your named family contacted?)

Would this make problems for us if we did name him? would it make problems if we didn't name him?

We have never seen/spoke to him since 2004 and they are not in our lives at all and don't think they even know we are in Australia.

What do you think we should do? what would you do?!

Guest JoanneHattersley

From what I can remember none of my family were contacted.

What should you do@? Declare him! My Oh has several step/half brothers and we declared them all;

I was told the only reason the require us to list all our family members,is just in case some time in the future, one of them wants to emigrate to Oz and it would be easier to prove they were family and we would be able to sponsor them for example, as DIAC has a record of their name being related to you.... Makes sense I suppose!!

Archived