When will it get better?

THORPES

Hi

Well Warren my husband has been in Australia on his own now for 6 weeks while we still here in UK.

Everything is going wrong and nothing is going right for him.:arghh:

the 2nd weekend he was there he went to Surfers and was having a coffee and some young hoon punched him. There were 6 of them and they kicked his bag from under the table and it went over the other side of the walkway. Warren shouted what you do that for and one of them puched him. The rest were ready to jump in but luckily some passers by stepped in.

He bought a car and it keeps not starting. Its something to do with alarm. He got a job and they said they would train him up. The foreman said he didnt like poms and was always having a go at him even telling him he had cleaned something wrong when he hadnt even cleaned it. When Warren told him he hadnt cleaned it, the foreman shouted at him that he should of and it was is responsibilty so he should of cleaned it. He didnt even know he should be doing that. Well company has lost an order so he was laid off yesterday. :mad: On the way home he had a blow out and car spun out of control. Luckily he had just got off motorway. He has had to get new tyre. He was supposed to be going up to Sunshine Coast to stay with friends for the day today but got in the god dam car and again it wouldnt start. He is so p****d off he was looking forward to getting off Ashmore Palms for a while.

He has opened a bank account and still not got his card. It keeps getting sent to wrong address. That at least is getting sorted now.

He has applied for loads of jobs from Spray painting, labouring to apprenticeships and sent hundreds of CV's and called in companies but heard nothing.

Sorry to rant but when will he get a break. All he wants is a job. He loves it there but the not working is really getting him down now. He said he will do anything if only someone would give him a chance.

Jill

the way i see it is that the worst the bad times, the better the good times feel.

So if you come over here and have to battle and graft to make it work every single good thing that happens to you will seem sooooo much better.

but if you stroll in with $500000 in your pocket and a job you'll never feel the rewards quite the same.

Stick with it, life loves a chancer.

Guest guest17301

jill, why did you fly back to the uk? So sorry it all seems to be going wrong at the mo, hang on in there. Maybe things be better when youre together again..

Thanks everyone.

Well we deffo have not got $50,000 (wish we had)

I didnt want to come back to UK but hubby was struggling with emotions etc... He came back here and realised we had made a mistake. thats why he has gone on his own now cos I didnt want to uproot the boys again until he knew it was deffinate what he wanted. He does love it but just wants some good luck and a JOB.

xxx

Guest ragdoll annie
Hi

Well Warren my husband has been in Australia on his own now for 6 weeks while we still here in UK.

Everything is going wrong and nothing is going right for him.:arghh:

the 2nd weekend he was there he went to Surfers and was having a coffee and some young hoon punched him. There were 6 of them and they kicked his bag from under the table and it went over the other side of the walkway. Warren shouted what you do that for and one of them puched him. The rest were ready to jump in but luckily some passers by stepped in.

He bought a car and it keeps not starting. Its something to do with alarm. He got a job and they said they would train him up. The foreman said he didnt like poms and was always having a go at him even telling him he had cleaned something wrong when he hadnt even cleaned it. When Warren told him he hadnt cleaned it, the foreman shouted at him that he should of and it was is responsibilty so he should of cleaned it. He didnt even know he should be doing that. Well company has lost an order so he was laid off yesterday. :mad: On the way home he had a blow out and car spun out of control. Luckily he had just got off motorway. He has had to get new tyre. He was supposed to be going up to Sunshine Coast to stay with friends for the day today but got in the god dam car and again it wouldnt start. He is so p****d off he was looking forward to getting off Ashmore Palms for a while.

He has opened a bank account and still not got his card. It keeps getting sent to wrong address. That at least is getting sorted now.

He has applied for loads of jobs from Spray painting, labouring to apprenticeships and sent hundreds of CV's and called in companies but heard nothing.

Sorry to rant but when will he get a break. All he wants is a job. He loves it there but the not working is really getting him down now. He said he will do anything if only someone would give him a chance.

Jill

Hi Jill,

So sorry to hear Warren is having all these problems..we are in Helensvale(not far from Ashmore Palms)..and he is more than welcome to pop over for a chat and a beer anytime

if he wants to.I will give you our number if you want to pm me.

All the best and i hope things take a turn for the better soon,

Annie x

Guest Bettyboop

hi Jill, I just wanted to say I really hope he does get a break soon and I hope things start to look up for you all so that you can begin your new life together. One day soon I am sure you will be looking back on this time from a much better perspective and will believe that it has all been worth it - hang in there!

love

Angie xxx

Guest flipflop
Hi

Everything is going wrong and nothing is going right for him.

Jill

you are kidding me,:dull: did he call the police, what the hell is going on in australia these days, hope he gets sorted and you can join him...thats not fair.

Hi Gill

Your poor Warren, the certainly sounds like a testing time for him doesnt it. Do you particularly want to stay on the Gold Coast, just wondering if nearer Brisbane may have some work or you never know something here on the Sunshine Coast could come up.

Gill it is really tough here for alot of us, your hubbie is not on your own trust me! I walked from a job as they were so rude to me then a member of staff slapped me across the arm, no amount of apologising from the Management team was going to make me stay at that place why should you have to put up with badly behaved people - your husband shouldnt worry about being laid of from that job who wants to work in a hell whole anyway !!!! Something else is out there for him but it can take ages to find it.

If Warren fancies popping into us when his this way then just pm us.

Wishing Warren Luck and things can only get better for him

Chin up x

Hi Jill!

We've been phoning warren to try and keep his chin up! We're looking for jobs up here for him too! It is hard and we too are beginning to panic over jobs but we're trying to keep positive which I know is harder when you're on your own. We'll keep texting and phoning him and when he gets that bloody car sorted we'll get him up here for a night or two!

Big hugs

x x x x x

Sorry to hear of your husband's situation. He shouldn't have to put up with that behaviour in the workplace though, it is actually against the law, and if he feels he has a case he could do something about it.

Don't forget that Occupational Health and Safety also includes psychological health so the Queensland work cover authority might be able to give you some advice about this, as it is classed as bullying. I know that it's not easy for him to do something, but he can make a complaint if he is unhappy and going to leave anyway. Bullies thrive when people do nothing - it is taken seriously here now and anyone saying they hate poms in the workplace is breaking the law.

Check out the work cover site if you'd like to at:

www.workcoverqld.com.au or www.worksafe.qld.gov.au

Good luck with it. Thankfully most Aussies are not like that.

Archived