do you have to stay in state you get a ss with?

hogan

Hi

Just wondered if anyone knows if you have to legally stay in the state you get your state sponsership wth?

we are waiting for our visa to come through for a ss to WA, but really we want to go to qld.

does anyone have any info

thanks x :unsure:

Hi

Theres nothing legally binding that says you have to stay in the state that sponsored you, its just a moral obligation that you do..

I think your eventual application for citizenship could be somewhat frowned upon if you changed states as soon as you arrived...Remember its only 2 yrs that they expect you to stay not a lifetime.

Guest Impatient

The visa is issued according to certain conditions. If you break those conditions, in theory, the visa could be withdrawn, which could get messy. Similarly, some follow-on visas may be dependent upon you sticking to the terms of your original visa. Again, could get complicated. Best keep everytihing above board and keep the original state in the picture. Honesty seems to be the best policy in most people's experiences shared here.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

Just wondered if anyone knows if you have to legally stay in the state you get your state sponsership wth?

we are waiting for our visa to come through for a ss to WA, but really we want to go to qld.

Hi hogan

Tread very carefully.

The legal position is that if you move ti WA but things don't work out for you there for some reason, nobody can say that you have not tried with WA. Oz is not for everyone and whilst some people love a particular State, others will loathe it once they have arrived in Oz. It happens, the Aussies understand that and they don't penalise a migrant who has been honest with them.

However DIAC are notorious for hostility if they think someone has hoodwinked their Minister.

If you are sure that you do not want to move to WA then the proper coourse of action is to withdraw your application for WA State sponsorship.

WA might resolve the dilemma for you in any case. If they sense that you do not genuinely intend to move to WA they can and might decline to sponsor you anyway.

Your earlier threads demonstrate they you have invested a lot of effort in weighing up the pros and cons between the Gold Coast and the Central Coast but you have shown no curiosity about WA at all. It could be that your sponsorship application to WA demonstrates a similar lack of interest in WA. If so, they may well decline to sponsor you.

I think your best bet is to wait and see how WA react before you worry about anything else.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi. I got ss for South Australia but am now going to Victoria where my stepdaughters family are going, i found out that i could do this through this site. I have emailed SA and Victoria with my intentions and they seemed ok. I hope they are we are flying out Oct 5th lol.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi. I got ss for South Australia but am now going to Victoria where my stepdaughters family are going, i found out that i could do this through this site. I have emailed SA and Victoria with my intentions and they seemed ok. I hope they are we are flying out Oct 5th lol.

Hi Pez

Your situation is not the same as hogan's. At the time when your visa was granted you had every intention of moving to Adelaide. I had to coax you in order to convince you that there would not be a problem in your particular situation if you were to move to Geelong instead.

Hogan's visa has not been granted yet so hogan needs to be very careful.

Cheers

Gill

You make me sound like a horrible person who wants to out smart the oz gov, my intentions was for a skilled migrant visa on the csl, to another state, but at the last hurdle of us getting our visa, the goverment took my husbands job off the csl, which then meant the only way to get over was a ss to wa, if not we had to wait god knows how long, we have been applying for a visa for a long time now, and just want to start our new life in oz, our life has been put on hold now for a long time.

victoria x

Guest highlander
Hi

As Golly and Impatient already said..

Simply if you won't be able to satisfy intial VISA conditions.. you may be staying illegal as VISA will be prevoked IMMEd.. be carefull not even worth it to think about it...

Hi there,

We were orginally looking at NSW but could not get sponsorship there. We decided to look into Victoria rather than wait, once we did all the research for the application we really liked what we saw and wanted to go there. I'm excited about this new adventure. Do your research and in the very least give WA a go, you never know you may really like it and be the best choice you ever made!

Best of luck

Archived