WA SS- Update -Visa Grants & Departures

cartertucker

This is a add on thread to:

WA State Sponser-Update-Where are you now?

It came to my attention that a new thread was needed...

For all the WA SS applicants that have recieved their Visa Grants & those that have left for Australia on their 'Departure Dates'....:spinny:

So please do enjoy it here as much as the 'original' thread....

& we will welcome all new posters that have been granted their

WA SS 176 Visas....:v_SPIN:

Adding all posters...In date order of Visa Grant

Name: Lancashire Lass

Online SS application submitted: 26/02/09

SS recieved: Approved on 08/04/09

Visa Granted: 21/05/09

Departure Date: 13/09/09

Name: mcleod275

Online SS application submitted: 17/02/09

SS received: Approved on 24/04/09

Visa Granted: 01/07/09

Departure Date: 11/01/10

Name: Yorkshirepud

Online SS application submitted: 10/03/09

SS Received: Approved on 09/06/09

Visa Granted: 02/07/09

Departure Date: 14/09/09

Name: wardsinoz

Online SS application submitted: 19/03/09

SS recieved: Approved on 16/07/09

Visa Granted: 25/08/09

Name: Shonz

Online SS application submitted: 03/03/09

SS Recieved: Approved on 29/06/09

Visa Granted: 04/09/09

Departure Date: 12/11/09

Name: theleeclan

Online SS Submitted: 21/04/09

SS Received: Approved on 30/07/09

Visa Granted: 08/09/09

Departure Date: 19/01/10

Name: Lorenza

Online SS application submitted: 19/03/09

SS received: Approved on 09/07/09

Visa Granted: 15/09/09

Name: Karencris

Online SS application submitted: 23/02/09

SS recieved: Approved on 01/04/09

Visa Granted: 21/09/09

Departure Date: 30/08/10

Name: Hazeotoole

Online SS application submitted: 03/04/09

SS recieved: Approved on 20/07/09

Visa Granted: 22/09/09

Departure Date: 16/11/09

Name: Julie (aka: Julie495)

Online SS application submitted: 16/02/09

SS Recieved: Approved on 27/05/09

Visa Granted: 22/09/09

Departure Date: ??/02/10

Name: TheHollies

Online SS application submitted: 15/04/09

SS received: Approved on 04/08/09

Visa Granted: 01/12/09 (cat 5)

Departure Date: 05/10/10

Name: Que Sera Sera

Online SS application submitted: 08/04/09

SS received: Approved on 17/07/09

Visa Granted: 02/02/10 (cat 5)

Departure Date: 30/06/10

Name: Lynn & Alan (aka: alansgirlfriend)

Online SS application submitted:

SS recieved: Approved on

Visa Granted: 19/03/10

Departure date: 12/05/10

Name : The Butlers

Online SS application submitted:21/03/09

SS received:Approved 09/07/09

Visa Granted: 17/03/10 (cat 5)

Departure Date: 24/05/10 (Reccie)

________________________________________________________________________________________

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a add on thread to:

WA State Sponser-Update-Where are you now?

It came to my attention that a new thread was needed...

For all the WA SS applicants that have recieved their Visa Grants & those that have left for Australia on their 'Departure Dates'....

So please do enjoy it here as much as the 'original' thread....

& we will welcome all new posters that have been granted their

WA SS 176 Visas....

Thanks Kelly..... your an absolute star:wubclub:.......this is going to be Fab......a brand new thread just for Visa Grants.......

I can t believe i'm actually here replying in this thread, unlike a lot of others, i ve had a pretty smooth journey, but non the less very anxiety provoking and frustrating, but thats why this is such a god send to have this site and beautiful people like yourself putting the time and effort into supporting, advising and helping others.........

I am also very realistic, and know that my families journey is only just beginning, what an adventure we are looking forward to, and hopefully all of you who have contributed and enjoyed the journey with Kelly to gain State Sponsership will join us on this thread and share your experiences, ups and downs when we get to OZ.

We re off to Perth 12 th November to a 4 week rental, hopefully this will allow us to have a reccie to find a suburb and school that suits us all.....we have a dog called scampy who also has a 4 week rental...haha...at quite a considerable cost haha....

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Shonz xx:v_SPIN:

Guest yorkshirepud

Hey! Brilliant idea Kelly - this is just what we need now. Well we arrived Secret Harbour 15th September, so I think that's one week done. First week was mad and it still is, going here there and everywhere to register, to get forms, to check out areas - you just dont stop. We have been up till midnight every night writing to do lists! However, today is the very first day I have thought... oooh this is nice. The sun is shining at last (you really would not believe how cold its been, we've had to get dressed to go to bed - left all the jumpers to the shippers!!!). Eldest son is in year 2, middle one is in kindy this morning and little un is having a sleep. OH has gone off job hunting so peace at last to take it all in.

The place is lovely, there's no doubting that. Very picture postcard. We have made some really nice friends already too - that's a great help. But still feels like a holiday and I dont know how I feel about home when we are six months down the line. I just keep thinking, one day at a time. Its also much more expensive than we thought - food wise and rental wise. We are in a holiday let for 6 weeks and our budget for our longterm rental is going to be blown if we want to stay in this area near the beach - needs must I say!

Well that's about it for now. Anyone else heading this way soon let us know. Its great to make friends in those first few days, it really does help.

Kerry xx

Hi everyone. Kelly told me about this new thread, great idea!

We have been here for a week now and have achieved quite a bit........are you sitting comfortably?

Flew with Emirates. I would recommend them especially if you have kids. In flight entertainment was great and the kids got toys and sweets as well. Only thing was the 2nd leg of the journey from Dubai to Perth was freezing. The air-con in the plane must have been on full blast. But they give you blankets so I got wrapped up.

At the moment we are in Port Kennedy. It's a lovely suburb with plenty of shops and larger retail outlets down the end of the suburb. It's easy to get around this place. Street signs are good and roads are easy. I have bought a small car and Oh has bought a Ute. If you go to a car salesroom be prepared for a full day of it. It took about 3 hours to buy my car!! Also you have to pay stamp duty on cars so bear that in mind.

Went to see the headmaster of the school last week, filled in a couple of forms and the kids started yesterday. I cannot praise Port Kennedy Primary enough. The staff are so so friendly and it looks like a lovely relaxed and fun place to learn. The kids came out of school yesterday buzzing about how great it was and how friendly and helpful all the other pupils were. School uniform is quite relaxed. So long as they wear the school T-shirt and some sort of black bottoms (shorts, leggins, joggers etc) then it's cool. At the moment Year 7 kids remain at primary school and don't move up to high school until year 8. My kids are 8 and 11 so my 11 year old will stay at primary school until Feb 2011. Although this is currently under review in WA.

Rockingham shopping centre is great. Not many big names in there but there is a really good range of shops catering for pretty much everything.

Getting a rental over here isn't as easy as I expected. You book a viewing and about 6 families all turn up at the same time. If you like it you have to fill in an application form and then just wait for the landlord to choose who he wants. We have applied for one yesterday so fingers crossed we get it.

I had 2 job interviews today and was offered a job by both!! Need to sort out the detail but I should be working in the next couple of weeks! OH is doing his White Card on line so he can start applying for trade jobs.

So.....did we make the right decision coming over here............DAMN RIGHT WE DID. I love it. It feels so natural to be here, it doesn't feel like we are over the other side of the globe. Missing my family like mad but I just keep swallowing that lump in my throat and thinking how lucky we are to be here.

I'm not on-line properly yet so wont be able to log on everyday but if you want to ask me any questions, fire away. :cute:

Mandy x

Kerry and Mandy its great to hear your both settling in really quickly, my friend arrived in Perth 3 weeks ago and have said the exact same stuff... about it being a bit more expensive and the process for rentals and of course how cold it is........but i m not put off..haha..

I can t wait to be there with you both, although we re probably looking to north of the river or maybe just south as i have a job in centre of Perth and not sure obviously about the transport system...

Any way good luck with the new job Mandy and enjoy the quiet Kerry

Keep us updated..

Shonz xx

Thankyou all for your positive posts about this thread.....:cute:

How brilliant to hear from both Kerry & Mandy....So pleased you are settling in & its really usefull to hear all about how you are finding life over there

I have added at the top (& what will be the front page) everyones timelines...So hope this is usefull

Look foward to the thread developing & chatting about 'life after the the 'Visa Grant'....:v_SPIN:

Guest theleeclan

Please add us to the timeline on this new thread Kelly this will be great to keep in touch and find out how everyone is getting on. Looking forward to hearing everyones news.

We have a very easy journey to visa compared to alot of people and cant believe that we made it here so quickly. Know this next chapter of our lives is going to be the hardest thing we have ever done but we are all so excited and have no regrets starting this journey.

Mandy and Kerry pleased you have got there safely. Sound like you have done so much already in such a short time. It is great to hear about this area as we are heading that way also. We have booked our flights for 19 Jan and have a holiday rental in Secret Harbour for 6 weeks on arrival.

Did you organise the schools from the UK or did you just sort them out when you arrived?

Just busy sorting, sorting and more sorting at the moment cant believe how much junk you can accumulate in one house, car boot sale hopefully next couple of weeks when get stuff together.

Keep us posted

Ann x

Please add us to the timeline on this new thread Kelly this will be great to keep in touch and find out how everyone is getting on. Looking forward to hearing everyones news.

We have a very easy journey to visa compared to alot of people and cant believe that we made it here so quickly. Know this next chapter of our lives is going to be the hardest thing we have ever done but we are all so excited and have no regrets starting this journey.

Mandy and Kerry pleased you have got there safely. Sound like you have done so much already in such a short time. It is great to hear about this area as we are heading that way also. We have booked our flights for 19 Jan and have a holiday rental in Secret Harbour for 6 weeks on arrival.

Did you organise the schools from the UK or did you just sort them out when you arrived?

Just busy sorting, sorting and more sorting at the moment cant believe how much junk you can accumulate in one house, car boot sale hopefully next couple of weeks when get stuff together.

Keep us posted

Ann x

Hi Ann

I emailed the school a few weeks before we arrived to ask about the process for enrolment. The headmaster emailed me back with an appointment time a couple of days after we landed. Went into school on that day, filled in one form and that was it. Got a tour of the school and an information pack and the kids started the following Monday. Very relaxed and straightforward. Nowhere near as much red tape as in the UK.

Mandy

Guest theleeclan
Hi Ann

I emailed the school a few weeks before we arrived to ask about the process for enrolment. The headmaster emailed me back with an appointment time a couple of days after we landed. Went into school on that day, filled in one form and that was it. Got a tour of the school and an information pack and the kids started the following Monday. Very relaxed and straightforward. Nowhere near as much red tape as in the UK.

Mandy

Thanks Mandy, think I will email them then just before xmas as will be on hols when we arrive.

Hi - brilliant thread Kelly. Great to hear your news Mandy and Kerry. I have felt many emotions since visa grant last week- excited, scared, relieved , but this week I feel my family and I are so so lucky to have got our visa b4 all these changes to processing again. Made me feel sick when I read about it. Still, everything crossed it wont hold things up as long as DIAC are quoting.

Our visa journey was fairly smooth- chucked off CSL back in March but got SS , then skin cancer threatened to ruin medical but all was ok and thankfully ( after mandys good advice) took all doctors letters to medical and was only referred for 5 days then finalised. Such a relief . Couldnt have got through it without PIO help.

Good to hear about schools being straight forward in Perth, my son has just started reception yr here and my daughter at playschool, so next June they will almost repeat the yr with my son at pre primary and daughter at kindy !! Only till the Feb though when they move up to primary and pre primary.

Shona, What areas north of river are you looking at ? That is where we headed as our friends live in Tapping. So we will rent somewhere in the Wanneroo area to start with.

At moment we have booked flights for 30th June, Ive been clearing out cupboards and selling stuff, lots still to sell though ! Sent passports to London on Tues for the visa label so looking forward to seeing what it looks like !! OH is about to start on the shower room as we are renting our house out for a while. Still trying to get it into my head we really are going....!! :)

Shona, What areas north of river are you looking at ? That is where we headed as our friends live in Tapping. So we will rent somewhere in the Wanneroo area to start with.

Hi Dawn,

We also have friends north, they live in Carramar and Clarkson, we have been looking at Ellenbrook, Duncraig, Wanneroo, and Tapping, we ll just have to wait till were out there and look at the commute to perth, when i might be woirking shifts. It does look like you get more for your money going that bit more inland... but will keep you up dated as things progress.

Guest Julie495

Hi again... :)

you can now add me to the thread..

I'm flying over end of Oct for a holiday (booked the flights a few months ago, got them really cheap and it would of been rude not to book them )

I'm quite lucky as I'm renting my house here and staying with my friend for a few months she lives in Woodvale, I've been there twice and love it.

I,m hoping to go end of Jan on that very important 1 way ticket..

Hi again... :)

you can now add me to the thread..

I'm flying over end of Oct for a holiday (booked the flights a few months ago, got them really cheap and it would of been rude not to book them )

I'm quite lucky as I'm renting my house here and staying with my friend for a few months she lives in Woodvale, I've been there twice and love it.

I,m hoping to go end of Jan on that very important 1 way ticket..

Welcome to the thread....& Congratulations again on your Visa Grant....:v_SPIN:

If you can just fill in the blanks on the following i'd gladly add yor details....

Name:

Online SS application submitted:

SS recieved: Approved on

Visa Granted:

Departure Date:

Guest wardsinoz

Hi there everyone!

Havn't been on for a while as we have been so busy lately, but this is a great thread and would love to join it. We accepted an offer on the house two weeks ago and are just waiting for the contracts to exchange before we book our flights. We have had so many set backs during the whole visa process that we are not booking anything up until us and the buyers have signed on the dotted line!!! If everything goes to plan we are set to move out of the house in the first week of november and then go and live with the inlaws!!!:wacko: We are hoping to book the flights for the 3rd of january so we thought that by moving out before, it would give us time (and money) to do all the things that we want to do before we jet off, as well as spending time with family. Not sure how easy it's going to be though with three children in tow but hey ho, were almost there!!!

We are thinking of heading to the quinns rock / butler area as we like the look of the schools in that area and have heard that south of the river can tend to be more of a 'holiday destination'. I am certainly feeling more nervous the nearer it gets but am also sooo excited and cant wait to start our new life! Were having a really good clear out and cant believe how much crap we have collected over the years!!!

Guest hazeotoole

Hey Kelly

Can you add us please, me hubby and 3 kids Anthony 6, Amber 4, Scott 1 will be moving to Perth staying with family in Tapping until Hubbie finds work and kids going to Wannaroo School not sure of the name. Flights Booked for 16th Nov 09 so excited, scared, upset its just an emotional rollercoaster since we were granted.

Hi,

Hope its ok for me to join this thread, after reading about all the changes to the visa processing times it is a real relief to be over here. I just can't believe they have done this again, we made it by a matter of a week, lucky for once! I feel so sorry for the people who are affected by this. I don't know what I would have done if we had been caught up with all these changes again after the March CSL scenario.

Anyway, we received our passports back on Saturday with our beautiful visa's in! Feels so good to see the words stay=indefinate! lol!

We are hoping to head over to Perth in February 2010 and am already counting the days, I have some course exams that I have to complete before we go in Feb god knows how I will be able to concentrate on those, my mind is already buzzing with plans!

We are not sure where we are heading yet possibly quinns rocks area or depending on the work situation for my partner maybe Mandurah.

Its good to read about people who are on their way or have just arrived and settling in, very exciting!

Lorenza x

Guest mcleod275

Hi Kelly

Could you post my details on page 1 please. We have our flights booked for 11th January 2010. We will be heading NOR, hopefully around the Ocean Reef area as my daughter has been offered a place at Prendiville Catholic College so we would love to be near her school, having said that we need the exchange rate to improve to have any chance to live in our preferred area, it's either that or we will live further north/inland and she will have to catch the bus!!

Got some good news today that my OH maybe able to register as a teacher in WA without having to complete anymore teaching modules which if he can secure a job I can continue to be a lady of leisure!!

Looking forward to watching this thread and getting updates on how everyone settles when they make the big move.

Claire xx

Guest Christie4

Hi All

Well we've been here for just over 2 weeks,and the kids like their schools :jiggy:

the primary does lots of outside stuff and seem more laidback about work than UK (but I guess that's comparing Primary 4 to Year 2 here) where as the secondary expects more homework to be done than our UK secondary school in UK and they do exams year 8 and 9 (Scott started school with exams for year 8 in the first week)

But they are now off for two weeks holiday before starting the last term before the christmas holidays (have been warned that last year boxing day was 47 oC - bit of a change to UK!!!)

Had beautiful weather at the weekend and so went for a round of golf at Port Kennedy (lovely course) on Saturday and a trip to Rockingham beach on Sunday and then on Monday went for a drive around lots of residential areas to compare them to Secrets and then went to Fremantle, Victoria Quay yesterday for holiday monday

OH got a job and started last week so all going well there

Anyway enough rambling, hope everyone that has made it over is loving it too and that the others that are coming soon have easy journey's over

Lorna:spinny:

Guest Jacqui J

Hi Kelly,

Another great thread, I must say.

Well we arrived in Perth on the 26th September and loving it so far. It's been a bit cold, especially the evenings. OH thought he wouldn't need any jumpers and had to go buy some when he realized how cold it was.

We spent a few days travelling around by train, bus and foot, but the children got too tired with all the walking so we bought a car. Nice car and it wasn't expensive.

Next on the agenda is a long term rental. It took a few days but we have finally agreed on an area that we all like. All we have to do now is agree on a house we all like, (easier said than done). There are some houses open tomorrow, so I think that's what we will spend our day doing.

Thanks again Kelly.

Guest hazeotoole

Hey Jacqui,

What area are you in we are flying out on the 16th Nov so excited moving company coming tomorrow so just finished packing our boxes nightmare will be glad when its tomorrow evening and can forget about it all for a few weeks lol. We are staying in Tapping with family till we get settled, are you sorted with work yet or hows that front going?

Guest Julie495

name: Julie

online ss application: 16/2/09

ss recieved:APPROVED ON 27/5/09

visa granted:24/9/09

departure date feb 2010

Hi Guys,

Just a quicky, for now.......As "Emma" would say its

"Champers O Clock time"

I have just finished up at work, and boy was it a weird feeling......a bit emotional at one point and then just bizzare....giving up your financial support "just weird".

Anyway , i ll have more time to post and chat to you all, glad your all settling into your new lives in Perth...... Hope to meet up with you all soon.

name: Julie

online ss application: 16/2/09

ss recieved:APPROVED ON 27/5/09

visa granted:24/9/09

departure date feb 2010

Hi Julie, thankyou for posting your details....I have added you to the front page....:yes:

However, I notice that you still have the 24th September down as your visa grant date...I think it best that we put the correct date, as the 23rd September + is a 'touchy subject' with us still waiting!....:wink:

Archived