graduate recruitment schemes

z&p

Hi,

I wondered if anybody knows whether or not migrants on 175 visa are eligble to apply for these. My son is in his last year of university and has seen some government schemes which he is really interested in, but I do wonder whether 1) he is eligible or 2) if anyone knows of someone who has been sucessful in getting one.

Any info would be great

Thanks

Do you mean graduate entry into the APS (Australian Public Service)? If so then the answer would probably be no because there is an Australian citizenship requirement for those positions and unless he has gained citizenship or is eligible for it then he wouldnt be able to join the APS. However some companies do have graduate entry schemes and afaik you dont need citizenship for them, just an appropriate visa and the prerequisite skills.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, so i got my permanent visa, I have been looking at joining the police in victoria, and have noticed that there is a government graduate scheme where you are classed as a generalist and circulate around three government agencies, can anyone tell me how this works with reference to joining the police force as a graduate?

Archived