we made it to perth

Sea breeze

hi guys well we have finally made it and have arrived in sunny perth (but where is the sun????? :cry:)

we arrived on the 7th of sept and i dont think it has stopped raining yet. we are sharing an appartment which is a cheap way to stay in the city 300 dollers per week for 2 of us nice place with gym pool etc. so far all we have been doing is sorting out stuff bank etc so havent had much time to explore and the weather as well.

we pick up our campervan tom so after a good service , clean and new window tint we will be off originally the plan was to adalaide but may be heading to sunny broome as weather warnings 4 adalaide hurricane winds!!! yes we have brought the weather with us.so far unfortunatly we carnt see what the fuss is about went to " Freo" for the day and the only highlight was the fish and chips for lunch. food shopping and clothes seem expensive but perhaps cheaper out of the city. so perth lovers what are we missing??? because we carnt seem to find it any advice gratefully recieved or if anyone fancies a beer we are on hay st nr city centre , cheers xx

hi there enjoy the travelling, perth i think is lovely but at your age i would have gone through the roof , no im not being patronizing i think its a real family place , then saying that im not really that knolegable on the rest lol , app this winters been one of the wetest and coldest , my family blame us hee hee .... keep up with the updates , nice to hear your travels!

Guest rose4eva

Ive been here since 1st July and had nothing but rain too... the nite life is **** compared to Uk.. im planning on checking out Sydney in Jan... need some decent nightlife as im single and love going out!!! Welcome to Perth , i'm sure once the sun gets here things will be different x

thanks guys , went to northbridge the other nite rose wasnt bad but if your single lord knows where the talent hang out !!!!

what brings u to perth then have u come alone ???

end of month we are headin up north i think to catch the sun spend a month up there then head back to perth to check out the beaches etc

xx

Guest Burness2Oz

Hi Claire and Luke,

Great to read your update. 'RAIN' in Oz not thats not on, we have sun here in the UK!! Sorry could'nt resist!!!

Would definetely love to see you both again in 2010, I am sure any friendly faces will be wanted!!

Take care of one another Hx

Hi guys... i'm new to this site & planning on moving to Perth next year...

I was there a few years ago when I did the whole backpacker travelling thing... & just loved how relaxed it was... Fremantle is fab when the weather is good cause all the street performers come out etc!!!

We stayed in a hostel in Northbridge & had some great fun with the guys there & had some great nights out!!! But... having said that the east coast of Oz is where you need to be to party!!!

We are going there cause we now have a young daughter & think it will be a fab place to bring her up.

Believe me... the sun makes a big difference... when you can get on the beaches etc etc etc...

If you do head North by the way... a good stop was Monkey Mia... they study the dolphins there & on a morning time they come right in to the beach so you can see the wild dolphins up close & personal... beautiful...

Enjoy your travels, Susie

Archived