removal companys

ozerjon

Hi

I am looking for recommendations for removal companys from uk to perth.

I have received a quote from anglo pacific for 4300.00 for a full container.

I am obviously looking for a reliable company but as everybody is i am trying to reduce our emigration costs.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cath:goofy:

Guest lee n sar

Hi

We have just used John Masons for a 20 ft container.

They were very professional and tried to help at every turn.

Worth getting a quote at the very least.

Cheers Lee

Hi ozerjon

We have tried them all and we got told about a company called usa shipping they have come up with a price of £20020 and thats for a 20ft container the reason they d it so cheap is you pack it and unpack at other end,this suits us fine as we can start wrapping our stuff nowand on the day you get a three hour slot to load it up,also we had john Mason out who was about £3600 then we told them about this deal and they have matched it with the same conditions.Hop this is of some help.

PARKO:unsure:

Guest mark&robyn

We used Dorree Bonner - we weren't happy with them at all. Our things were packed up in May, we were assured they would be straight on the way to Oz but only just received last week. We have a painting missing too.

We used a company called BOURNES UTS WORLDWIDE

They were excellent packers and I would highly recommend them.

Our 1/2 container worked out at approx £3K but worth it.

Get a quote, you have nothing to lose..........

Guest georgehot

hi

found that price varies alot ... we have chosen to self pack because we are not taking every thing ( wardrobes etc) but have had a very good price from pickfords for collection at address , packing the large stuff we are taking ie sofa etc, packing and crating my motorbike ( not a simple job as sooo big ) and my huge tool box to a delivery to address 50 miles melbourne for £3300 plus aqis $300 which you will pay regardless who moves you ... and even though we have not booked yet they are the only ones left on my list of probables .. hope this helps

colin

Whoever you choose to use just remember to haggle hard as I have just done some work at Stobarts Container Depot at Widnes and the lads who do the loading told us that the shipping industry is suffering in just the same way that all industries are,and as such,shipping rates have come down from the highs of a couple of years ago because importers and exporters are not shifting the same quantities and so this has driven down the overall competition costs by upto 65%.

So no matter what price they give you there will always be a lot of room for haggling.(They want,and so desperatley need OUR business.

Good luck to you all.HAGGLE HARD!!!

Rich.xx

Guest Burness2Oz

Hello,

We have had 4 quotes as follows:

Pickfords - £3500

Doree Bonner - £3575

John Masons - £4100

Anglo Pacific - £4200

These are all for a 20ft container and door-to-door service with them doing everything and includes my husbands MASSIVE Snap-on tool box.

We are currently trying to get Pickford even cheaper and hope to use them as they have Pickfords in the UK and in Oz so the same company dealing throughout which we liked and they have their own section for their containers only in Oz. We were recommended Doree Bonner by friends who were very happy with them and the guy who came out was very helpful but I keep reading mixed reports of issues not being resolved.

Good luck

• 2 months later...
Guest happycamper

We used Anglo Pacific when shifting from our flat in Manchester. We had a superb move co-ordinator, Annette, we can't speak highly enough of her. We brought back a lot of fragile items incl cups, wine glasses and a model aeroplane and absolutely nothing was broken, they pack all the fragile items in wooden crates and it works brilliantly. We would recommend them for packing and the service. Prices were exactly the same as for the other two moving companies that quoted for us, and it arrived on time. They also helped with arranging last minute storage as we were travelling when the items were due to arrive in port - my mum (who is already over here) had a change of mind about keeping our belongings, she decided a week before the stuff was due to arrive at her house that she didn't want to keep it after all. Annette arranged it all from Manchester so we were very pleased with the services.

We are using Crown and they have so far been excellent. We waved goodbye to our 20ft container on Wednesday and have been given an eta of January 19th. The UK end of the business have been brilliant and the costs were comparable to other quotes we received. Would definitely recommend their services, we were looked after by the Birmingham office brilliantly.

• 3 months later...
Guest thesnoopyace

We have Decided to use Eagle Relocations after having Crown, Anglo and Clarke and Rose out, It was a family run business and therefore took the time to make sure every question was answered. We had to Throw the Anglo Surveyer out of the house and Crown booked the job before we had signed.

Take time to pick the Best one for you my Recommendation Would be Eagle but all of these companys offer something the other doesn't.

Daniel

Archived