Case officer issues

Guest Leahjade

Guest Leahjade

Hi,

I have had quite a journey with our partner visa app as most of you all have...Have had to recently withdraw my app on the recomendation of our original case officer due to the fact that we had been apart for a month in July and couldnt prove we had been in a 'marriage like relationship' for that period or before.... so as we sent our app in July stupidly it would not be approved... We decided to pull out take our losses and reapply from sept to sept, which she said would fly straight through as there was ample evidence for that period.... A couple of days and another 900 pounds later we have had an email fom our new case officer requesting.. get this.. a second police cert. because the one they have does not have his middle name on it??? As you all prob know, that ino your app for a police cert you have to send your passport and certified pics etc to even get it so why is she being so petty and ridiculous???

So I guess my question is, if she decides that she will not accept my explanation that there is no point in getting another, do we have any options like going over her head or having a senior officer go over the case also to see if she really is being ridiculous?? I know there is the appeal, but thats another stack of cash and god knows how long.. Im at my wits end and dont think i could take another beat by this ridiculous system.. PLease does anybody have any help or guidance..

Devasted and exhausted:frown:

Leah

Leah, I think they are just being precise. It's a real pain to have to get another one but for all you know they may have another person in the system with the same name and this C.O. wants to be sure they don't get mixed up.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've gone through :hug:

Guest Leahjade

Thanks everyone for the support and guidance... I know your right, the best way is just to giver them what they want... the thing is i am really tight for time now.. I have to leave for Aus in like 3 weeks to start up back at Uni and am going to have to go back home bymyself and leave my OH here which we are both devastated about... how can they make such a fuss about us living together constantly and then force us apart... Sorry I know I'm just being overdramatic, but it's been almost a year that this has been doing my head in for and I juts want it all to be over...

What I wanna is, if they are al going by the same PAM, then how come the CO's can get such drastically different responses from the same documentation? Why was it perfecftly fine for the last one but now there is a whole different issue for this one?? Is just about money?

Sorry, as you can tell i'm quite upset and prob should do as they say and it will all be over.. but god knows how long another police check will take now ....

Anyway, thanks again everyone... maybe i'll take up kickboxing or somethign to release all this anger... :)

Leah

Leah, that sounds so stressful. I put in my partner visa app in last week and haven't slept properly since. I'm in UK and boyf is in Aus and we've been apart for nearly 5 months because we've been trying to sort all of this out. We will just be devastated if it doesn't go through.

Deep breaths and I think everyone's right, best not to p*ss off your CO and just get the fast track police check. You can get it in 2 days if you pay £70, which is nothing in the scheme of things!

Good luck! x

im really sorry to hear this, how fustrating!!! yeah i would agree with the others prob best to get another police check done keep the case officer happy hehe.

good luck

and lahlay u'l be fine hopefully you hear something soon : ) x

im really sorry to hear this, how fustrating!!! yeah i would agree with the others prob best to get another police check done keep the case officer happy hehe.

good luck

and lahlay u'l be fine hopefully you hear something soon : ) x

Thanks Nadine... can't believe this has taken so long. Well, it's in the hands of immi now, so will let fate take its course.

Congrats on your flight. Wish you all the best and don't forget a pillow for the flight! Ha xx

Guest Leahjade

Wow Layla 5 months is a long time, but i'm sure you visa will got through.. apart from ours, it seems they are getting processed really really quickly atm so hopedfully before you know it you will be on a plane andd jetting your way to see your man :)

Thanks for the idea about getting an expidited PC too, I forgot bout that.. whats another 70 quid eh? Hopefully if we keep her happy she can process it all and ait will finally be over !!!

Nadjez, thanks for the positivity x I seem to have all run out of that now so its refreshing having an optimistic vision :)

Thanks again everyone, and here i go again on Monday to try ans settle it once and for all.. With the quick response times and fast track processing we may just be able to make it home together in the end?!

Good luck guys x and wish you all the best :)

Archived