Aussie food

Ratchet

come on then, spill the beans, where can we get hold of some proper tasty thick gravy for my sunday roasts??:biggrin:

Also, why is eveything so sweet? :err:

You can't, you have to make your own.. The aussie instant stuff tastes sweet and turns to jelly

Guest rachellh
come on then, spill the beans, where can we get hold of some proper tasty thick gravy for my sunday roasts??:biggrin:

Also, why is eveything so sweet? :err:

You mean you don't like Gravox?!!! After spoiling half a dozen chickens I had my MIL bring some Bisto over for us!

but really everything is so sweet? and they complain about poms having bad teeth. jeez they'll be falling out soon.

Bought some mayo and made some tuna mayo sandwiches. Couldnt eat them as it was like id filled the bread with sugar.........sugar in mayo ?????? madness

Why don't you make your own????? better than that instant rubbish you get (both countries) come on now stop being lazy get out there and make it........

[YOUTUBE]CQKCsA5kjkU&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

boring.jpg

Sorry - saw other thread & couldn't resist lol! Just pay the extra for Bisto at an English shop!

boring.jpg

Sorry - saw other thread & couldn't resist lol! Just pay the extra for Bisto at an English shop!

Thats OK

Do you not finding it boring wanting and eating the same food? Get out and try something different......... if that don't work make it yourself that way it wont be too sweet, sour, bitter what ever you find wrong with it......

Thats OK

Do you not finding it boring wanting and eating the same food? Get out and try something different......... if that don't work make it yourself that way it wont be too sweet, sour, bitter what ever you find wrong with it......

I nearly agree with bungle here, but sometimes its not convenient.

Thats OK

Errr it was a joke! Methinks someone has lost their sense of humour :biglaugh:

Errr it was a joke! Methinks someone has lost their sense of humour :biglaugh:

He's an aussie.

Aussies are only funny when they've had a drink(alcohol) and he doesn't drink...:wink:

Cheers Aldo, I understand now :wink:

Hey if aussies love making their own gravy so much, why does it taste so bad haha!!

They're easily pleased , have you tasted aussie beer? Its no wonder Geoffrey gave it up.

but really everything is so sweet? and they complain about poms having bad teeth. jeez they'll be falling out soon.

Bought some mayo and made some tuna mayo sandwiches. Couldnt eat them as it was like id filled the bread with sugar.........sugar in mayo ?????? madness

Standard aussie mayo is a bit strange and like sweet salad cream. For a more UK like mayo you have to buy whole egg mayo.

Thats OK

Believe me my diet doesnt consist of 'same old boring stuff'. In fact a sunday roast is rare in my house. T'night stir fry and Last night it was Roo curry, made from scratch, no packet stuff. Its just sometimes nice, essp when living in a short term rent with all your belongings at sea to indulge in the convient life:cute:

Hi, I must say that here I always make my own gravy but it just doesn't taste delicous no matter if I use the swede and carrot juices :o(

The best Mayo I have found is 'Best Foods Real Mayonnaise' I have tried so many- this is the one that reminds me of UK mayo, second best would be 'Paul Newmans Whole Egg Mayo'

They're easily pleased , have you tasted aussie beer? Its no wonder Geoffrey gave it up.

How wrong can 1 person be......?

You make it sound like a bad thing that someone is easily pleased, far from it Life is so much better, so much less stress in your life you should try it, it might just save you a sh1t load of cash........ no need to keep moving around...........

Never started drinking to begin with Aldo my licence has always been my wage packet so it's simple really! I don't mind a drink but i can take it or leave it, + when it came to going out you should see how stupid a drunk bloke looks with his dutch courage.

Best beer I had was in Mildura/Victoria this year it was 40+ outside and the beer was ice cold and it went down a right treat.

Spottydog has it right, Whole Egg Mayo tastes like the mayo we love, of course it is also more expensive!lol

For gravy we use Woolowrths select brand but just dont add as much water as it says, its not Bisto but its pretty good.

Cal x

Come on Cal you have the bit of paper to say your an Aussie cut those british strings once and for all

Archived