New 457 Regime

George Lombard

Hi Lowell,

It's mainly in the documentation dealing with condition 8107 I think but perhaps if this is critical to you then you could come to me formally, bearing in mind that the LWOP rules are only just now being applied to particular situations.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George, Thanks so much for your quick response. My situation is that I'm on a 457 visa but I'll be away (outside Australia) for 4 months to finish a course in Europe but will be back in Australia after the course to resume my work role in the same company (my company endorsed the course and partially paying for it). During that period I'll be on 3 month-paid and 1 month-unpaid as agreed with my office. My 457 visa is valid until Nov 2011. Before I leave for my study, I expect to submit my permanent visa application (ENS-856-Onshore). I'm just concern that it will take quite sometime before they approve my PR and by that time I already left for my study. Do you think there will be any technicalities or issues regarding this?

Kind regards, Lowell

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timnlinds

Hi, my wife was promised some time off without pay to cover when our container arrives. But they are now telling her that she cannot have it. I've been looking for the bit of legislation that shows that it is legally possible for her to have up to 12 months leave without pay but I can't find it. does anyone have the URL?

It may just be a hospital policy of course and then we are stuffed. But they had agreed it before the contract so it is unfair to retract it now....

Tim

Archived