bloody halifax online

Ratchet

I explained to our bank in the UK - Halifax - before we came out that i will be transfering monies into a oz account. They suggested online banking and so far it has worked well to pay bills etc in Aus prior to coming out. We also have had all our cards registered as being used in Oz so they dont suspend usage........

Yesterday i opened up an Oz account for hubby and me and also one for our son. Sat here trying to transfer monies so we have something to live on and halifax online wont let me 'for security reasons' and have suspended my account!!!:eek:

Bloody charming. Think i may have to transfer all the monies out of halifax and tell em to stick their banking, see how they like them apples......

I am with HSBC, all correspondence is sent to my OZ address including statements, they phone me all the time to say that they think my cards are being used in Oz. I love just asking them what is the address on the statement... there you go then!

Frustrating though, you wait until you have to call the customer service centre, get yourself on Skype before you do so that it doesn't cost you a years wage!

Good luck

Michelle

I'm sure there are some positive examples but most people I speak to have similar gripes. To anyone considering it, I wouldn't bother. The UK banks incompetency ensures it all gets messed up whilst your stone-age Aussie bank won't have a clue what the UK ones are on about anyway.

Bring your money in a shoe box.

account was reactivated tonight, tried once again to transfer money.....guess what.......suspended again. 3 times in one week.

What amuses me is that they wont answer individual account email queries, just said about security measures.

Oz banks do seem a little behind the uk system. i was quite suprised to be given passwords and acc numbers on a bit of paper. you'd never get that in the uk. in some respects its quite a nice touch that you can call the bank and deal directlly with the person who opened the account for us.

the saga continues and i still have no money!

Guest jewels1356

never give up if this happens again ring them and ask them why they are refusing to let you have your money,i believe this illegal is illeagle but i could be wrong

good luck oh and ask them for some compesation for all the phone calls you are intittled i have had phone money re emberssed

julie

xx

Guest gunner77

Halifax are one of the worst banks for complete incompetence and incredibly poor customer service, they truly do not have a clue as to what each department is doing and in my experience do not care.

IMHO get your money well clear of them, have you considered Clydesdale or Yorkshire bank they are owned by NAB it may help resolve your issues.

Guest hazeotoole

I am laughing here Halifax came to Ireland 2 years ago and I thought it was only because they were new here that they were so incompetent they really are a joke I would contact your solicitor at home and maybe seeing about giving someone the power of attorney for you and get them to move the money for you.

Finally resorted into putting credit on skype and calling halifax today. Hubby finally sorted the 1st transfer after giving the poor woman a gob full about halifax's incompetance. I will follow up with a letter of complaint. I did send an email to them this morning after both of us got locked out again of our online accounts.

As for Westpac - bloody stars. opened the account on the 10/9/09 (last thurs) and the cards (mastercards at that) are through the door today. Shame i have no money in the account to spend:eek:

Guest jewels1356

and make sure you sk for compensation for the upset it has caused you and the inconvenence really lay it on you wont get much but dont forget to mention about he phone calles you have had to make 'julie

xx

so far have been emailing, despite the fact they keep saying they cant deal with things via email. Emails have been saved. i like the way that they put their names at the bottom of the responses.

Last night i got one saying they have forwarded my email but also asked me to call the complaints department. Mon-fri 8am-6pm. So i responded by informing them of my whereabouts again, the fact that i had no money because of them means i have no phone credit and gave them a number that they could call me on mon-fri 9-5pm. Forcing the idea that they have to sort this out via email or call me out of office hours.

Im going to keep pissing them off with my email i think.

Have asked for compensation too.

Im just going to drain our 4 accounts of a beautiful amount of money, they can stick their accounts.....

Archived