457 to 856 ENS Visa onshore

Roberts13

Hi,

We are currently in Australia on a 457 visa. We have been here 9 months now.

Husband is an electrician and we arrived with his ARTC cert and he obtained his licence in South Australia after studying with Peer for the Wiring rules.

His employer has agreed to sponsor him permanetly in order for us to get permanent residency. We have been advised that the 856 is the quickest visa to be processed in our circumstances over the Independant Skilled visa.

So - we have had a price for facilitating the visa and on top of the actual visa fee the company who did our 457 are charging $1650 to help us with this visa. This includes getting husbands PASA and the visa application. Police checks and medicals are on top and he advised that medicals are not always requested?????

I'm wondering how easy it is to do the application ourselves. ?

Have any other electricians arrived on a 457 then applied for 856 before the 2 years working for employer?

I've been told by the company that as he has his artc and licence all he needs now is his PASA to be able to apply for the visa and this can be obtained for free as he as the artc. However i can not find anywhere how to obtain the PASA on our own.

Does anyone know the timescales for visa being granted both for the sponsor 856 and independant also when onshore.

Sorry so many questions. Just trying to work out whats best and what we actually need to do to get an application in place.

Thanks in advance

Jo, Garath,

Rhys Haydn

new baby Calym

ozzie the dog

Guest tracynben
Hi,

We are currently in Australia on a 457 visa. We have been here 9 months now.

Husband is an electrician and we arrived with his ARTC cert and he obtained his licence in South Australia after studying with Peer for the Wiring rules.

His employer has agreed to sponsor him permanetly in order for us to get permanent residency. We have been advised that the 856 is the quickest visa to be processed in our circumstances over the Independant Skilled visa.

So - we have had a price for facilitating the visa and on top of the actual visa fee the company who did our 457 are charging $1650 to help us with this visa. This includes getting husbands PASA and the visa application. Police checks and medicals are on top and he advised that medicals are not always requested?????

I'm wondering how easy it is to do the application ourselves. ?

Have any other electricians arrived on a 457 then applied for 856 before the 2 years working for employer?

I've been told by the company that as he has his artc and licence all he needs now is his PASA to be able to apply for the visa and this can be obtained for free as he as the artc. However i can not find anywhere how to obtain the PASA on our own.

Does anyone know the timescales for visa being granted both for the sponsor 856 and independant also when onshore.

Sorry so many questions. Just trying to work out whats best and what we actually need to do to get an application in place.

Thanks in advance

Jo, Garath,

Rhys Haydn

new baby Calym

ozzie the dog

I would personally do the visa yourself, and save yourself the money, we recently did something similar, came on a 457 visa.

i did the whole application myself and it was pretty easy, so i think 1650 is a total rip off for helping you do the forms and stuff.

I dont know if you know but when you hand the application in you have to hand in all medicals and police checks straight away.

Is his trade certicate the same as what the TRA require, i know there are a few different pathways on which you have to have done to be eligible to apply but either look on the immigration website or actually go into the office and ask someone.

Our application took 3 months, but it got delayed because he needed to get proof of his licence, otherwise it probably would have be done within a week of them opening it. It was sat on their desk for 3 weeks before they even opened it, and thats only because we rang them up asking what was going on with it.

If you need any more info PM me and ill be happy to help

tracy

p.s. what is PASA

Archived