Family visa vs Skilled worker

k8bug79

Hi,

We have just started to look at the possibility of moving to Australia. At first glance we thought we would end up moving on a skilled worked visa as my Husband is a Chef. He would have had to complete an AQF3 as he did not train through an apprenticeship, he would have been ahppy to do this but obviously there is a huge cost and he was erified incase he failed.

Having spoken about our plans with his father we have found out that his Dad is an Australian citizen. We knew he was born in Australia but did not realise he was still a citizen:laugh:

So we think this will make the whole process that much easier. However from my understanding by taking this route what will have to happen is My husband will apply for citizenship and then we will need to accompany on spouse and children visas.

But my worry is the cost, I knew that the skilled worker state sponsored Visa was about $2000 but that we would all be included on this. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children, it looks like if we went down the route of getting my Husband citizenship that we would have to pay $120 for him and then four lots of $1750 for each of mine and the childrens Visas.

I am sure that the citizenship route will be the most straight forward but at that cost is it really worth it? Have I done my sums right would we pay for each visa in that way and is ease worth the extra money or should we plump for the cheaper option???

Thanks

Kate

Check out the immi website. Your hubby could apply for citizenship by descent if he qualifies Citizenship by descent

You and the kids would then apply for a spouse visa Spouse Visa: Offshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 309 and 100)

Fees are here and the spose visa Partner Category Visa Charges visa fee is one only. Your children are dependents of the applicant (you) and get the same visa as you for the one fee, you dont apply for seperate childrens visas unless you dont add them to your application

This is the route we are taking. Hubby got his citizenship in March and I've just lodged my spouse visa. Much cheape, easier and often quicker than the skills route.

:notworthy: Ah thank you so much, I was hoping this would be the case as it seemed very expensive otherise. I am glad it is much easier to do the family option, that's what we were thinking would be the case but if the cost was what it looked like then I think I would have preferred the harder route. As its not then we'll take the easy option. I hope you get there soon!!!

Thanks again x

Archived