885 Application Help

markspencer

Hi Guys,

I need some information here,

I am a skilled graduate 485 visa holder and I just applied for onshore 885 - as skilled independant (non MODL, non CSL and no Sponsors) on 29/08/09,

My skills assessment from ACS was received with a postive result in March 2008, it will expire in March 2010 (2 years validity for recent graduates),

I dont think that because of the priority processing I will get a case officer before that expires, unfortunately I cannot revalidate my ACS skills assessment as revalidation is not possible for graduate skills assessments.

So I am all screwed up I dont know what to do, any information much appreciated.

Thanks

Mar

Guest Toomers
Hi Guys,

I need some information here,

I am a skilled graduate 485 visa holder and I just applied for onshore 885 - as skilled independant (non MODL, non CSL and no Sponsors) on 29/08/09,

My skills assessment from ACS was received with a postive result in March 2008, it will expire in March 2009,

I dont think that because of the priority processing I will get a case officer before that expires, unfortunately I cannot revalidate my ACS skills assessment as revalidation is not possible for graduate skills assessments.

So I am all screwed up I dont know what to do, any information much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

:err:Surly that means it has already expired!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I am on 485 Visa currently which expires on 18/03/10 , I have allready applied for 885 ( non CSL and Non MODL and no sponsors so no priority.

I am getting married in November this year and my fiance is overseas,

What should I be doing, should I add her to my 885 application or should I she apply as a depedant onto my 485 Visa. Please I require this info asap.

Thanks

Mark

Guest wanderer

Just responded to your other thread and first step you need to clarify with immi is whether you will be granted a bridging visa - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70107-getting-married-november-885-applicant.html#post590793

That will likely determine your staying here potential for as I've said the 485 is a temporary residency finite visa, good for just 18 months.

Even if you can stay, next issue on how will your bride join you if that is the intent I imagine may be if immi have a variation of their view on adding a family member owing to your 485 nearing expiry date.

Is she young enough and eligible for a Working Holiday Visa? and if so that may be another option.

Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for your input, I am allready granted a bridging visa when I applied for 885 on 29/08/09 but it will come into effect when my current visa(485) will cease on 18/03/09, I know I can add family members on my current 485 visa but my questions are :-

What happens if I add my spouse on 485 and then my 485 will expire on 18/03/09? or

Is it possible to add my spouse on 885 application and wether she can come to Australia while it is being processed?

Cos I cant imagine living away for freaking 2 years after getting married :(

I know I am in a mess with this rules changing every now and then : when Chris Evans wants to change it. He is so incapable of being on this position: he is screwing everyone by his so called immigration policy.

Guest wanderer

Hi Mark,

Don't be too down on the Senator for he didn't create the global financial fiasco nor the mess that the international student visas path to PR is as that has been developing for a few years now and on both fronts something had to be done for imagine what it'll be like if we just keep filling up all our empty spaces but there's no work opportunities! - and it's the public servants looking at all the issues that merely make recommendations to the Minister.

Actually you ought to be more than pleased with policy if a bridging visa is applied indefinitely for a TR, a much better situation than a lot of people who have put in for other offshore visas.

I would expect that if your bride is able to apply for a 485 that is connected to yours and you have been granted a neverending bridging visa, then she would still be in the same boat with you, all be it with her own oars.

You could add your bride to the 885 but it will be meaningless until it is granted as it will be to you.

But the sort of detail I would definitely check with immi tomorow, today a public holiday for at least some offices of Immi and they did not answer earlier.

Archived