What was or is your biggest fear about moving to oz ?

Stuju

What was your biggest fear or is your biggest fear about moving to oz  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What was your biggest fear or is your biggest fear about moving to oz

• Not getting a job
    • Not liking Australia
    • Not making friends
    • Missing loved ones overseas too much
    • Spiders,snakes and all the other creepies
    • Any other reasons

16 YO daughter didn't want to come and threatened to return to UK as soon as she could.........18 months in and she has new boyfriend, p/t job she enjoys, a driving licence, 1 year left at college b4 Uni and she is looking fwd to a future out here not in the UK. Complete turn around (and relieve for us)

Guest Impatient

My biggest fear is that Mrs Imp will want to go back to Blighty. We can't think of a single reason why she should, but hey, women are not rational are they?

Guest Sammy G

I'm scared that I will miss my family and friends too much. I can't stand England much anymore now I've had a wonderful insight to Australia life. It might be a case of loving my life but not the people that are in it enough to stay in Oz. All the cliche's come out, but you really will never know until you try.

Guest egghead

for me its missing family and friends. god I love all of them, they are a great bunch, a bit doolally like me, but great!

I love meeting new people. I think one of the hardest things for me is finding friends that I know I can rely on and confide in; trust is everthing to me.

(fingers crossed)

bec

Guest acbh2

That either myself or OH will really love it and one of us hates it:sad: thats my biggest worry as it means that for the rest of our lives no matter where we are one of us would be unhappy :eek:

But since I always get my own way he'll just have to be unhappy :biggrin:

Guest The Spoonies

I'm coming to Sydney (well Moorebank which is about 40kms out). You're right though, everyone seems to head towards QLD...

Guest Sammy G

I'm moving to Sydney too but your right, many either head to Perth or QLD. I can't see the appeal in either but were all different and if we all moved to one place it would end up being like England! Over populated!

Guest franny22

i had to vote for not getting a job beacuse if that doesnt happen then we cant support ourselves. I am lucky to have aunts and cousins in Perth already so we will have some support. I am worried about the soaring costs of house buying. If we cant afford a £150000 mortgage here, how are we gonna do it there:nah:

I worry about spiders, albeit a wee bit less now cos i didnt go mental when i saw one this morning. I worry about sunburn cos we are all gingers.

I certainly dont worry about it not working out and having to return to the UK cos i'll just march up to my local council office and demand a three bedroom house and all the unemployment benefits going because it seems like everyone else who comes here does that.

I am worried that if we dont at least try it, then we will regret it for the rest of our lives.

So there!!!:P

great poll xxx

I'm with Rachel on this one!

I wasn't worried..far too lazy for worrying. I just tend to go with the flow...Which, given that I didn't particularly want to come, might seem a bit strange.:wideeyed:

Now I'm here I find that missing friends and family is very hard. That doesn't mean we haven't made new friends - and I try to find people who have the same name as my old friends, ie: Australian/English Sue=English Sue, Australian/English Allison= English Allison, Australian Lynne=English Lynn etc.* It's just I still miss my old friends. Does that mean I'm loyal? Woof?

I never expected not to get on, I suppose.

Yours a bit-mental-like,

LC

*If that makes me sound like a complete nutcase, I have a history of it. When my OH and I broke up, I immediately (er, really) found another guy called Paul to go out with.:jiggy: Maybe it's a subconscious desire to bring order to my chaotic world?

Guest Mad Jocks

Hi Mad Jocks here just signed up tonight so sorry if do this all wrong.

Our worst fear was missing our friends and family too much it does't seem to be getting any easier weve only been in Melbourne since February. Jobs Husband relocated over here from Glasgow so it's just myself looking for a job. Creepy crawlies getting used too,taking the dog out is like being in a scene from Jurassic Park already seen 2 snakes and god what else flying about in the air. Guess it's not as bad as all the neds in Glasgow u meet on a Friday night.:SLEEP:

Guest tinbasher

Looney Cow, I think your trip away has made you go even more cuckoo, no to a nutcase I would saw off your trolley. But then you are so lazy I doubt you ever got on your trolley in the first place. :goofy:

Biggest fear moving to OZ was that it would be detrimental to our family unit in some way.

Mrs TinB

Guest dunnarunna

*If that makes me sound like a complete nutcase, I have a history of it. When my OH and I broke up, I immediately (er, really) found another guy called Paul to go out with.:jiggy:

i got one of them you can have, oh no just remembered still need him he`s the one they want in oz!

& you a nutcase lc id never get that idea:biglaugh:

my worry was spidies makes me sound shallow that i wont miss family i just thought that one goes with out saying but i wont miss friends coz i havent got any, old billy no mates me, hubbys fear is not finding work

donna

Archived