Help please

jaxcooper

I have just booked my flight to Brisbane via singapore and we have a day stop over on the way. Does anyone know if we need visas to visit singapore for the day. I really don't want to be stuck in the airport for the day!!

I have read conflicting info so wondered if anyone has experience of this ?

Hi Jaquie,

When we stopped at singapore they were running busses at set times to bus you to the hot spots in the city. No visas were required, you just booked your seat at the help desk in the airport. Unfortunately for us, our stop over was through the night so no busses running for us.

Also, there are hotel rooms available for a long stop over within the airport, we struck out here too as they were all full so we had to make do with spending the night on hard wooden benches. Next time we will plan better. :nah:

I just couldn't resist saying that I LOVE Singapore Airlines and Singapore Airport! I went to OZ a couple of months ago and it was the first time I flew with them. I would never ever fly with anyone else. They are brilliant, the super big plane (I am not good on planes) has lots of legroom, and hundreds of movies, the food is great, there are plenty of blankets, and the airport is super. So much to see.

In fact, if you are stuck at the airport for a long time don't hesitate and go have a shower. It's fantastic. So relaxing and clean. You can also pay for a massage. I ran out of time to do that, but would definitely also do that next time.

The airport also has free wifi and yes there are those bus trips that I think are free. Again, I didn't take advantage of the bus visit to Singapore, but I would next time.

The flight is so long, but I think that Singapore airlines make it a pleasure.

I know that I sound as if I am being paid by them, I wish I was, then I could travel to OZ more often, but I just thought I'd share my thoughts on what I think is the best way to get to OZ.

Cheers,

Veronika

Hi yeah I guess I should think about singapore currency- how much do you have and what rate?

Also does anyone know if your luggage stays with the airport for stopovers or do we collect luggage and have to re- check it in on a short stopover?

Archived