Statutory declaration for Migrating Kids

lsbc1976

Does anyone have templates for Statutory declarations

I need one for taking my son who has had no contact with his father and is not named on the birth certificate

And i need one for my step son for his mum to sign to say its ok for us to take him

Also do i need to complete form 1299 Consent to grant an Australian visa

to a child under the age of 18 years.

thanks

Guest cluedo

Hi Ive sent you a pm with a stat dec we did as we where in the same boat. We did both the stat dec and the form 1299 just to be sure and it was fine visa granted on tuesday.

Hi Shellyst30, could you please PM me the stat dec , we are also in a similar situation. Any help will do, my OH has a 9 yr old girl to her ex husband who has had no contact now for a few years. Apparently he's a bit of an arse, i've never met him and he cant be found so not sure what to do with regards to consent ????? thanks.............

Guest cluedo

I spoke to a case officer and he stated you must show concrete proof you have tried to locate the father involved and if you do find him and he will not agree to the relocation you must get a court order. They are seriously strict with this.

Guest GillianM

Hi, my agent just asked for stat dec. My daughter and her dad went to solicitor and he signed it and showed passport with photo to prove it was him.

Gillian x

Hi Ive sent you a pm with a stat dec we did as we where in the same boat. We did both the stat dec and the form 1299 just to be sure and it was fine visa granted on tuesday.

Hi,

there is no such form 1299 on immi.gov.au. :nah: Could you please provide us with the link?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest UKtoBrisbane

Hi there

I am new to this site so hope I'm doing this right !

Please will you forward a copy of the declaration to me too. I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Sandra

Guest jason RM0107604

lsbc, you should be very careful to tell the truth in stat decs. They are very serious things. It would be fairly rare for someone not to know the name of the father.

If you know who they are then you should follow the procedure. If you know who they are and rather than make attempts to obtain permission you simplify your case by saying you dont know two they were, then these things can come back to bite you.

I dont know your situation but just giving you something to think about. Visas can be cancelled up to 10 years after grant for providing false of misleading information.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I see there are so many people who need to write stat dec for taking kids out of the country so I need also some answers to my questions.

*Does my ex need to write only my name into that stat dec if I will go with my kids or also my current husband's name must be included there (I'm newly married)?

*And what are important things(clauses) to stress in stat dec, do I need to write like "allow travel and live" or there must be something special? Can it be done in style like "allowed travel and live everywhere in the world"? :D

We are quite small country and I have phoned several notary offices, but I get too many different answers and I'm lost now in that mess. Thanks!

Guest sassygal

just to add a twist to this,if they have never seen the child, had no contact ever and not on birth certificate, you still have to do this?

I have no intentions bloody looking for him either.....hes from a different country and wouldnt know where to start. feel well hacked off now!

just to add a twist to this,if they have never seen the child, had no contact ever and not on birth certificate, you still have to do this?

I have no intentions bloody looking for him either.....hes from a different country and wouldnt know where to start. feel well hacked off now!

Guest jason RM0107604

sassy girl and lsbc - from your comments both of you seem to know the name of the father - but it seems you intend to say something false on a statutory declaration to make life easier for yourselves as it is easier to lie then tell the truth. dont do it.

The only means to the end is to tell the truth. this is very basic stuff really.

Guest JoanneHattersley
sassy girl and lsbc - from your comments both of you seem to know the name of the father - but it seems you intend to say something false on a statutory declaration to make life easier for yourselves as it is easier to lie then tell the truth. dont do it.

The only means to the end is to tell the truth. this is very basic stuff really.

Can I please re-iterate jasons advice. Follow procedure and tell the truth. If a child is removed from the country for emigration without the other parents approval, then I am sure that it woule be classed as abduction.

Yuo do have to look for them, prove that you have and go through channels.

There are several on here that have `jumped thru all the hoops` in order to do this. Its time consuming and stressful but its right.

Guest sassygal

Jason at no point have I EVER suggested that I am going to falsify anything! You can read thru all my posts on another thread and see where I have a right go at someone who was going to falsify certifiates!

Of course I know the name of my childs father, but instead of jumping to conclusions and read my post properly next time as at no point does it state I am not going to name him, merely that I have no intentions of finding him and that I am hacked off with the thought of it!

After 14 yrs of no contact, hes never seen the child, last time we spoke 14 years he refused to acknowlege the child was his however he refused a DNA...I have nothing to hide and am 100% sure!

I am not going to be loosing sleep over this P***k, yes I know his name and country of birth - Where is he now, well your guess is as good as mine, my stat dec will include a copy of an advert I putt in a local rag, quick look thru a phone book if they are lucky.....I cant find him, end of

Guest Kazza2008

Hi Shellyst30, I too need a stat dec example for taking my 8 year old son with me to Oz. His dad has at last said yes so while he is still feeling 'generous' I need to get the dec signed asap before he changes his mind..........again!! Do I just take it to solicitor and get it signed and witnessed there?

Many Thanks x

Guest cluedo

Statutory Declaration

I ******** born ***** of (enter address here) do solemnly swear the following statement to be true and correct

I ****** am the biological father of ******. I give my permission for ****** to migrate to Australia with his mother ***** and step father *******

I am aware that ******* will be migrating from the United Kingdom and will reside in Australia for the foreseeable future.

I do solemnly declare that the information attached is complete and correct in every detail.

I make the solemn declaration by virtue of the statutory declaration act 1835 and subject to the penalties provided by the act for making of false statements in statutory declarations, conscientiously believing the statement contained in the declaration to be true in every particular.

Signed..........................................

Print Name....................................

Declared at (place)........................

Date.............................................

Details of the person before whom the declaration is made.

Family Name..................................

Given Name....................................

Preferred Title................................

Signature of Witness.........................

Date.............................................. .

Statutory declaration must be signed by one of the following:

Legal Practitioner, Magistrate, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Oaths and enclose a certified copy of you’re passport or photographic drivers licence, when I say certified I mean a photocopy of either signed by a Solicitor or any of the above,

Hope this helps

Hi Shellyst30, thank you for the Stat Dec ,this should come in really handy.

Just waiting for this weekend to come round and we are going to ask my step daughters dad..

This is all that is holding us back. Upon receiving his yes (hopefully) we have been told we can be in OZ within 9-15 months!

We are putting off telling our parents and family until we get the Sat Dec signed.... fingers and everything else CROSSED!

:unsure:

Archived