Tameside & Surrounding Area(s) Meet Up

Guest Noodle

Guest adsmith

Hey all,

Me (Adam), Sarah and Bethany will be coming along if thats ok. We live on the Dane Bank, just behind the pub so its crawling distance for us. We have had visas for about a year now but we put our house on the market about 2 weeks before the greedy bankers and Gordons army of imbiciles ruined the economy, hence why we are still here

I came to an Aussiemove one of these a couple of years ago at the Stable Gate - when we had just made the decision to emigrate, it was great to hear peoples stories and experiences.

It will be great to meet you all fellow Tamesiders (and Stockportonian)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Simon

we are not far from Copley, we live off Stayley Hall Rd.

Small world hey!!!!!

My sister in law lives up quarry rise (on Rosehill)

Be good to meet up and have a chat. Which part of oz are you looking on moving to? We going Queensland cant make mind up yet Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast! They both lovely!

Dave and I have 2 boys age 15 & 11, see you have kids off your pm picture how old are they? Are they looking forward to the big move?

Speak soon

Jan

Hi dave&jancook,

We are going to Perth we hope if that time ever comes.

Yes me and Mandy have two kids Chelsea 15 next month, and Adam 8 next month, they can't wait Chelsea is like me, she has talked about leaving the Uk even if we didn't. When i was her age i used to tell my mum and dad i wanted to leave, its taken a while lol!!

I have a friend on Staley Hall Road and i went to Copley school.

We will have to hire the whole pub at this rate!

adsmith you be welcomed with open arms:hug:

Rob and Mel

Forget the pub i was thinking the M.E.N!!:biglaugh:

Here is the list of the members who are coming to the meeting.

I have put the number of people then the user name.

Should i try and reserve a table in the pub?

4 Rob and Mel

5 Noodle

4 Jordanni

2 Baz and Daf

4 Gozzo

3 Travelbird

4 Dave and Jan Cook

2 Becki

3 Proctor3069

4 Northern Star

3 ADSmith

If I have missed anyone or any one else wants to come let me know and I'll add you to the list.

All welcome:hug:.

Rob & Mel

4 Rob and Mel

5 Noodle

2 Jordanni

2 Baz and Daf

4 Gozzo

3 Travelbird

4 Dave and Jan Cook

2 Becki

3 Proctor3069

4 Northern Star

3 ADSmith

If I have missed anyone or any one else wants to come let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Rob & Mel

It could be a good idea, 36 people is alot but we could get lots more before then or alot might not turn up it could end up just me, you and Ley (Noodle) if i get chance i will bob in and speak to them and see what they say.

I just thought I'd send them the following email, if you don't ask you don't get. :wink:

If you want to follow it up with a visit that would be grate.

Dear Sir,

I am arranging to meet with 40 people from an internet forum for people who are emigrating to Australia.

We have found your establishment is in an ideal location for us all. Many of the people meeting have children and I see you have a children's play area.

Would it be possible for our party to meet in or near to this area and can you offer us any promotional discounts for the children to play.

We plan to meet:

DATE - Friday, 25 September 2009

TIME – 19:00

Thank you in advance and we look forward to hearing from you.

--

Kind regards

Mel

I just thought I'd send them the following email, if you don't ask you don't get. :wink:

If you want to follow it up with a visit that would be grate.

Dear Sir,

I am arranging to meet with 40 people from an internet forum for people who are emigrating to Australia.

We have found your establishment is in an ideal location for us all. Many of the people meeting have children and I see you have a children's play area.

Would it be possible for our party to meet in or near to this area and can you offer us any promotional discounts for the children to play.

We plan to meet:

DATE - Friday, 25 September 2009

TIME – 19:00

Thank you in advance and we look forward to hearing from you.

--

Kind regards

Mel

Ye ok if you wan't, let me know when you have sent it and if they reply. I will try and go in this week or next week to follow it up.

Hi Rob and Mel

The list of people coming is quite impressive isn't it?

Just to let you know we're a family of 4, not just 2 adults, so that's 2 more kids to fill up the play area.:yes: It sounds like it should be a good night. It will be good to talk to people who are going through the same thngs as we are.

Sue and family (Jordanl)

Jordani,

Its updated for you.

Rob and Mel.

4 Rob and Mel

5 Noodle

4 Jordanni

2 Baz and Daf

4 Gozzo

3 Travelbird

4 Dave and Jan Cook

2 Becki

3 Proctor3069

4 Northern Star

3 ADSmith

4 garynhelen

Rob & Mel

Guest dave&jancook
Hi dave&jancook,

We are going to Perth we hope if that time ever comes.

Yes me and Mandy have two kids Chelsea 15 next month, and Adam 8 next month, they can't wait Chelsea is like me, she has talked about leaving the Uk even if we didn't. When i was her age i used to tell my mum and dad i wanted to leave, its taken a while lol!!

I have a friend on Staley Hall Road and i went to Copley school.

Its great to know your kids are up for it.

Whats your friends name?

Cant believe it sooo many people are doing the same thing!!! Thats got to count for something!! See you all there then !!!!!

Jan & Dave

Guest garynhelen

Hi, we're up for it! Not sure whether to bring kids though, anyone else bringing kids around the 11, 14 to 16 year old range?

Hi all,

Just been on a 'reccie' to the Stable Gate. Looks ok it's your usual Brewers Fayre with play area.

Manager has said if people want to eat there he will section an area off for us.

Bear in mind that there is an offer for 2 to eat for £9 before 6.30pm so it might be worth going a little earlier if you want to eat.

If there are enough people eating then he will let the children play for free, if not it is £2 per child.

Play area shuts at 8pm, so if your children want to play for longer than an hour you will need to come earlier.

Play area is for under 12's only but I don't think over 12's would want to go on anyway.

The manager I spoke to was Steven, he has pencilled us in the diary under Mellor. If anyone wants any more info you can call him on 0161 320 1116.

We could do with letting him know if people will be eating about a week in advance so if you could let me know I will add it to the list.

Gozzo - hope you don't think we are trying to take over, we were just passing time. Many hands make light work, I say.

Team work - Look out Oz the Tamesiders are coming!

Cheers, Mel & Rob

I think we might Go earlier and eat, I will ask OH tomoz I'm in work on nights at the mo grrr!!

Lol poor Oz, Tameside crime rate will drop when we all leave.

Rob and Mel, like I say recci 'my ...' you just wanted an excuse to go out raving on a Friday night!!! If it helps Gozzo I will be on nights tomorrow lol x

Ron and Mel, I need to check with Mark he is out training (corrrrr what a hunk eh!!!!!!!), no not the gym his martial art thing ma bob.... Tee hee Gozzo, only doing two, will sympathize sat and sun night though. x

Archived