update

Guest John Locke

Guest John Locke

Sold our house in three weeks!!! It`s certainly the shortest time it`s taken to sell a property for us, but was the one we thought would take the longest....so things are really rolling now. Can`t believe that only 4 months ago we started to seriously talk about heading back and now we`re practically on our way. We`ve still got a few things to sort out (we`ve never been and never will be the most organized couple!), and we`re both excited and a little nervous but feel ready to go...dogs will have to do some quarantine in the U.K, which I was hoping they wouldn`t have to, but there you go...So, my wife, was right, as she has quite smugly pointed out to me, we`ll be home before Christmas after all...Plan is to ease back in slowly, for the children`s sake more than anything, a holiday hopefully, and then from there see where this new phase in our life takes us...!

Guest LondonGal

Wow, that was quick. Congratulations!! :spinny:

Hope the rest of the move goes well. I envy you your UK christmas, we are still in clear out mode here then need to repaint some rooms before we can go on the market. Another sweaty Christmas for us I think, thank god it will be the last.

Good luck, who knows we may end up having a pub lunch next summer!!

Wow, fantastic progress JL!!!

Definitely looks as if you will be happily home for Christmas.

I always was a believer in spontaneity rather than agonized planning and it looks as if things are working out well for you too!

Well done on the house sale, I remember clearly being at that stage and it was like winning the lottery. Good to be back for a proper xmas and from what i hear from real people (not media doom mongers) is that things are picking up nicely work wise.

Sold our house in three weeks!!! It`s certainly the shortest time it`s taken to sell a property for us, but was the one we thought would take the longest....so things are really rolling now. Can`t believe that only 4 months ago we started to seriously talk about heading back and now we`re practically on our way. We`ve still got a few things to sort out (we`ve never been and never will be the most organized couple!), and we`re both excited and a little nervous but feel ready to go...dogs will have to do some quarantine in the U.K, which I was hoping they wouldn`t have to, but there you go...So, my wife, was right, as she has quite smugly pointed out to me, we`ll be home before Christmas after all...Plan is to ease back in slowly, for the children`s sake more than anything, a holiday hopefully, and then from there see where this new phase in our life takes us...!

Good luck with your next stage in life, hope it works out for you.

Guest pegasus 90

Fantastic news!!, All happening so quickly.

Keep in touch, let me know your movements ( you never know, I might let you buy me a decent pint next year!)

P 90

God bless you and your family john

Guest ElizaBee

Oh, John Locke, that is such great news!!

How fantastic!

Home for Christmas - you are very lucky, enjoy every minute.

Wish it was us. We are just behind you though. I am calling real estate agents today and hopefully on the market in the next week or two. Hope we are as lucky as you were!

xxx

Archived