Anyone had trouble taking a fridge

Metoo

Has anyone had problems with anything that has CFC in it, ie the fridge, a car with aircon etc, which is classed as precharged equipment and apparently needs a licence to be imported into Australia.

Hi i have a Whirlpool American fridge freezer and my shippers told me i could take it because it would work in Australia as they were made for the American market (hot countries). They just told me it would have to be cleaned and dryed thoroughly but never mentioned the CFC gasses so not sure on that one but i have John Masons coming this Thursday to give me a quote - i will mention this to them and see what they say.

Debbie

The reason I ask is because I am thinking of taking a car to NSW and am boning up on whats involved, it looks a lot easier than taking a car to Victoria, but during my research i found (and it took a lot of finding) a reference to anything that contains CFC gas and its derivatives to include car aircon and fridges, and the requirement to have an import licence! but I have not seen any reference to this in any post, any procedures laid out by other posters etc, so I am asking specifically for anyones actual experience.

I will look forward to your findings with your mover.

Thanks.

After a lot more research, I have found on a companies website that specializes in the importing of cars for private use, that if you write and sign a statement to the effect that the car is a personal one off import for your private use then you are exempt from the Air Conditioning regulations of 2004, meaning any CFC device (fridges, car aircon etc) does not have to be emptied and you do not need in import Licence.

The reason I ask is because I am thinking of taking a car to NSW and am boning up on whats involved, it looks a lot easier than taking a car to Victoria, but during my research i found (and it took a lot of finding) a reference to anything that contains CFC gas and its derivatives to include car aircon and fridges, and the requirement to have an import licence! but I have not seen any reference to this in any post, any procedures laid out by other posters etc, so I am asking specifically for anyones actual experience.

I will look forward to your findings with your mover.

Thanks.

John Mason's came today and i asked him about the fridge/freezer and CFC's.

He said if it contains CFC's you wont be able to take it but ours is around 2 years old and they stopped putting CFC's in them 4 or 5 years ago apparently.

Debbie

Archived