Job situation

JoandGareth

Hey,

We ar considering a move to WA from the UK, after reading several threads on here regarding people from the UK unable to secure a job has left me very nervous. Can anyone offer any reassuring advice on jobs my husband is a CNC machinist / toolmaker and I a beauty therapist or can work in admin.

Thanks for taking the time to read our message.

:spinny:

I would have said that nursing wouldn't have been hit by the recession, but this week south metro have put on hold all recruitments - I suspect they'll be looking at vacant posts and if they can do away with them. At this point, no one knows how long this block on recruitment will last, so personally I would say that if you have the opportunity to wait ..... do so until things pick up and give your move the best chance of success. The government has just signed a deal with China, which should bring about 6000 jobs to WA so not all doom and gloom.

Ali

Guest bigjake67

Hi Joandgareth

I do not know what Visa you guys got - but I am currently working and looking for new work also - and a great website for you is SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site I also looking for admin work and I get emailed new jobs every day - not sure about your partner/hubby's line of work but sure there be stuff there also. There is work but a lot of competition to get the job that you want. Good luck.xx

Archived