Removal companies - experiences wanted.

Guest ashmalog

Guest ashmalog

Hi there

I know there are lots of threads relating to removal companies and who to use but we are close to booking one now and i am still confused. I liked dorree Bonner and have pickfords coming next week. John Mason cannot fit me in for a quote until mid sept (this is when we would need packing up). crown came in way too dear and there wasn't a lot of movement on the quote (20ft 880 cu ft). Pss the cheapest but I have read a few threads which say that a lot of stuff got broken and the packing wasn't great.

As we are taking most of our belongings and furniture i would like to know that it gets there in one piece as money to replace will be ltd.

Any experiences are gratefully received - positive or negative but please keep them honest and realistic. (don't want posts to be deleted as i will be back to square one!!)

thanks

Guest ashmalog

come on guys there must be someone out there that can guide me on which removal company to use. Those of you that have already made the move who did you use, how did you choose them and would you recommend them?

I need to book someone real soon and was going to go with pss but then heard a few bad things about them - even more confused now!!!

Hi. We useing PSS at the moment, 2 men turned up Last Monday (10th) at 7 am, very friendly and helpful. They started wrapping and boxing stuff up straight away. The container turned up at 10.30 and every thing was loaded done and dusted by 1o clock. The 2 men only stopped for a cuppa and were very good. This was a 20ft container and cost £ 3500+ins. Cant comment on breakages as container still at sea lol.

Guest ashmalog

pss packed your whole house up in 4hours!!! wow that is some going.

hope you dont mind me asking but did you have a minimum you had to insure for? some quotes say 3% of value of goods but have a min of so much £ per cubic ft - we only want to insure up to a certain value.

hope your container arrives damage free - just in time for christmas!!

pss packed your whole house up in 4hours!!! wow that is some going.

hope you dont mind me asking but did you have a minimum you had to insure for? some quotes say 3% of value of goods but have a min of so much £ per cubic ft - we only want to insure up to a certain value.

hope your container arrives damage free - just in time for christmas!!

Hi. We only insured certain items against damage i.e £2000 sofa, bedroom furniture, £500 bike etc. We all so took out there insurance (not sure what its called) against loseing the whole lot, i.e boat sinks,pirates, container catches fire etc. I know that seems a bit exreme and lots of people dont bother but our whole life is in there. We paid 2.8%, i think our total for insurance was about £250.

Guest auntielesley

Hi -I know you have mentioned that Crown are the most expensive but just check out that the other companies are including everything cos theirs always does - it includes the AQIS fees and container cleaning fees that you could end up paying in Oz. there are lots of comments about this on various threads. good luck with your move.

Archived