Annual leave for Nurses Australia

Guest wee wen

Guest wee wen

We have passed our police checks & medicals and are waiting for 'that' e-mail with bated breath. We are going on my skills as a Registered Nurse. I am fully expecting a wage cut for both myself & hubby but was shocked the other day to see that I'll only get 20 Annual Leaves each year. That means a drop of 13 A/L's although I might gain 1 or 2 public holidays. I know that we are well-off here for holidays in the NHS but this has really shocked me. I'll be relying on my A/L's to take time off with my 8 year old during holidays.

If I didn't have a child it wouldn't matter so much. Some jobs in the private sectore (ie care homes) seem to offer better holiday entitlement etc. Could anyone advise/ comment !!

Wee Wen

Guest BullcreekBob

G'day

My wife Gillian works at RPH and under the award there, full time staff get 5 weeks holidays, plus 10 days public holidays for a total of 35 days paid leave that can be taken at any time suitable to the ward and the person. As Gillian works only 3 days per week, she gets 5 weeks of 3 days annual leave and 3/5 of the public holidays, for a total of 21 days paid leave per year.

Archived