Any Essex peeps wanting to migrate?

mr luvpants

Guest soon2benakedrockstar

Hey there. Im from Essex (sunny grays) Planning on migrating but only just started looking into the procedure. Could you please be of help and tell me where to start? Forms to fill in, Things to read anything like that. All help is welcome and highly valued. Thank you for your time.

Guest HolsandHen

Hi there, we live just down the A12 from you in Hatfield Peverel at the moment although we will shortly be moving in with parents in Billericay to save some £££'s. We are hoping to move to the Sunshine Coast in Jan 2011 on student visas as our current jobs aren't on the list! I am a PA in the City and my OH is In-House Manager of a Golf Club. Good luck with your application!

Hi there, we live just down the A12 from you in Hatfield Peverel at the moment although we will shortly be moving in with parents in Billericay to save some £££'s. We are hoping to move to the Sunshine Coast in Jan 2011 on student visas as our current jobs aren't on the list! I am a PA in the City and my OH is In-House Manager of a Golf Club. Good luck with your application!

I grew up in Sunny Witham. We are aiming to be there that time as well. How far are you down the line? What are you going to study. And more importantly.....can your hubby get me any free golf?:laugh:

JOHN

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John and Lisa,

We live down the road in Wivenhoe.

We have just come back from a month in Sunny Brisbane (10 minute shower in whole month) wearing shorts and t-shirts each day and it's their winter!

We have just returned with the paper work so we can apply for the Contributory Parent Visa 143 so we can join our son and his wife who immigrated to south of Brisbane last year. They have just bought their first house so it was nice to see them doing so well.

He lives in Loganholme which is between the Gold Coast and Brisbane on the M1.

It will take us about 2 years now before we can join them but we still enjoyed house hunting etc while we were there. Lots of nice places for the same money as UK houses.

Our son went out on the skilled visa 136 as a car mechanic and found work within the first week, they found a new 'low rise' to rent for a year in their second week, and his wife landed her job within the month of landing in Oz.

One year on from landing in Oz they have just got their 3 bed, 2 bath, double garage, open plan 'low rise' (bungalow) and they left the UK with £10k.

Can really understand why so many poms want to go out to Oz.

Wish you and your family all the best as it looks like you will be out there long before us.

David

Hey im from Colchester too..just about to get my PR...ive been in Perth since Nov 2008 (with 2 exits and back again) Arriving home Sunday night!! Then prob heading back to Perth in Jan 2010.

Feel free to ask any questions you have ....PM me where you live, maybe i could meet you and explain all the paperwork?

Best of luck anyway...

Kate

Archived