Citizenship

ErmintrudeMcMoo

Just a word of warning - we sat our citizenship test back in May and we then applied online for citizenship last week in June. We were told that if we took everything up and got our photo`s taken there then we would not need to submit photos or witness form when applying for citizenship. So last week I finally got an email saying that we needed to complete 1295(I think can`t remember form no) for daughter and submit it along with photo and her birth cert and passport. I emailed case officer and pointed out that I had already had photos taken when we went for citizenship test and that all docs had been provided and scanned at same time, plus the form for daughter had been sent in at same time as ours, so if they had ours how come they didn`t have hers? The case officer phoned me and they had "found" daughters scanned birth cert & passport but that we would all have to re-do the form, provide photo`s and get them witnessed. When I said that I had been told otherwise I was told "No the photo you had taken at citizenship test was for something different and you must provide the photo and witnessed form".

I phoned the helpline and I was told again (at first)that if I had the photos & ID done at Cit Test I didn`t need to re- submit, then he said , hang on I`ll check with Perth Office, he came back on phone and said that we would have to provide as it was down to Case Officers discretion. Well we`ve done it and sent it off but I do wish they`d make their minds up about what they need and how they need it - if we`d known this we`d just have supplied them when we sent off forms.

Beaurocracy - it never changes no matter where in the world you live! :arghh:

when we sat our test we submitted our application on the same day, just submitted the photo's of us all with the applications (which had been signed by a colleague and friend at work who is Australian). We didnt' get assigned a case officer we were just told the application would be processed, there were a number of hoops to jump through and it could take upto 4 weeks. We then got a letter saying congratulations and wait to be contacted for your ceremony.

when we sat our test we submitted our application on the same day, just submitted the photo's of us all with the applications (which had been signed by a colleague and friend at work who is Australian). We didnt' get assigned a case officer we were just told the application would be processed, there were a number of hoops to jump through and it could take upto 4 weeks. We then got a letter saying congratulations and wait to be contacted for your ceremony.

I think it depends on who is looking at your application - my mate did exactly the same as us a week before us and she had her letter a couple of weeks ago saying that it was approved and she just has to wait on her ceremony date, she had no problem whatsoever. I was a bit annoyed that we did exactly as we were told and then they changed the goalsposts - but hey that`s life I guess:cute:

Archived