Guest pakistan

51 minutes ago, AZS said:

Great so happy for you ? Can you please elaborate on your case as to when was your nikkah, rukhsati done and when did you apply? as in after nikkah or after rukhsati and what did you mention in your application?

Thanks AZS, 

my nikkah was online over skype in oct 2016, rest were done on july 2017. Mehndi/ruksati/valeema  and we travelled togather overseas in 2016 and 2018.

Edited by SZIK

Thanks @Breathe for sharing your story. IMHO, every Pakistani applicant applying on the basis of Nikkah only should read your experience.

Getting a Partner visa on the basis of a Nikkah only has always been a grey area. Although many people have gotten their visas in the past, it's always risky and depends a lot on the case officer. @Breathe is right when she says the department is under immense pressure to reject as many applications as they can so it's best not to give them an excuse. To mitigate this risk, many people (and trust me its a LOT of applicants from Pakistan/India) lie on their applications about having had their Rukhsati done. When such a lie gets caught, the visa is rejected for the reason of falsification of information. Oftentimes this results in a 3-yr ban from entering Australia (will be 10-yrs if the current government is able to get its bill passed). I have two friends who had their visas rejected for this reason but thankfully they were spared the 3-yr ban so they were able to re-apply after their rukhsati.

To be on the safe side, I recommend applying for the visa right after the Nikkah and getting rukhsati etc done a few months later so you're all clear by the time a case officer looks at your application. Pakistani marriages are extremely complex affairs and having one's wife staying back with the in-laws only adds to these complications but one has to weigh all the risks before applying for this damned visa :).

• Like 1

Hey guys I need ur advice. Our DOL is 15 Nov 17. We havent had any contact from AHC in Islamabad. My partner really wants to apply for a tourist visa and would like to be in Aus for the month of September. Partner has a full time job in Pakistan that they must return to. What are your thoughts/advice? Should we apply for tourist visa or stay put and wait for our application to be processed? 

Also, if we should apply for family sponsored tourist visa what do we need to show? Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Mu'mina said:

Hey guys I need ur advice. Our DOL is 15 Nov 17. We havent had any contact from AHC in Islamabad. My partner really wants to apply for a tourist visa and would like to be in Aus for the month of September. Partner has a full time job in Pakistan that they must return to. What are your thoughts/advice? Should we apply for tourist visa or stay put and wait for our application to be processed? 

Also, if we should apply for family sponsored tourist visa what do we need to show? Thanks in advance

Did you received a auto generated email saying submit all documents .. if yes than wait few more weeks

4 hours ago, Mu'mina said:

I don't see any harm in trying for a tourist visa. Even if it's rejected, it won't impact your ongoing Partner visa application.

For a family sponsored visa, you'll need to show evidence of decent employment and income. They might ask you to deposit a bond of $5-15K which will be refunded when your husband leaves the country.

• Thanks 1

My Wife's Visa Timeline - Sublcass-309

Visa applied 24-December-2017

Received email from ISB embassy regarding Upload any outstanding doucment within 28 days 20-July-2018

Uploaded updated Police certificate and call history

waiting for Interview call 

@akex-sik i just checked i got email from them on 19th june. It's been 2 months now but no development so far.

@aliRaza I contacted them showing my concern on the timeline. They said pl note that when you applied same time frame was prevalent. To this, I don't agree. I applied in Dec, 2017

On 17/08/2018 at 12:55, SZIK said:

Hi Guys, updates on my partner visa application. 

Date of submission : 05/10/2017

PCC AND medical : 17/10/2017

first contact : 21/05/2017 generic email with checklist of documents

interview : 10/07/2017 

visa grant : 17/08/2018

first enrty date : before 18/oct/2018

it went quite after intervoew call for over a month and i had to send an email to department, email sent on 15/08/2018 got a visa today. So, i guess i needed to remind them about my visa application. 

I wish you all for your visa application. This forum is a great platform to stay updated with visa application changes, timeline and etc. There are some very knowledgible applicants here, who had reponded to my qurries, thanks you guys. 

Congratulations allot, hope you have a good life ahead 

Everyone worrying about the new timelines, please read the last 3-4 pages of this thread where this discussion has already been had.

To summarise, the processing times are real-time statistics and are updated every month on this web page: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times. Notice where they say "for the month of June 2018". This page will be updated next week and all these times will be updated for the month of July 2018. These times are not a promise by the department. These are just their latest performance figures. These times can vary significantly from month to month. I have a gut feeling these will come down next week. Also keep in mind that these times are global averages. High Commissions in some countries have a much higher workload than others, so their applications take longer than average. We are seeing a majority of Pakistani applicants getting their visas between 9 and 12 months and I don't have a reason to believe this will change in the near future. Let's panic only if we see a lot of people on this thread who haven't received their grants after 12-14 months.

2 hours ago, Amad said:

Hello everyone

did anyone received this kind of email ever, need help bout that 

IMG_20180816_153333.jpg

Feel free to ignore this email. Many members have received it and it just seems like an attempt by the department to assure you that they have not forgotten about your application and it will be processed in due time.

4 hours ago, AliRaza said:

@Amna Thanks Amna!

I have received only one email advising that the application has been submitted and nothing else. Is it normal? Did you also received only one email since Dec 2017?

I will also try to speak with the immi office. 

Yes this is perfectly normal. My wife got only the one email as well. 10 months later, she got another email asking for more documents and medicals.

14 hours ago, Akex-sik said:

My Wife's Visa Timeline - Sublcass-309

Visa applied 24-December-2017

Received email from ISB embassy regarding Upload any outstanding doucment within 28 days 20-July-2018

Uploaded updated Police certificate and call history

waiting for Interview call 

Wait one more month IA you will get it..!!

8 hours ago, Amna said:

@Andy has your wife got her visa?when did you file for her?

one thing more I wanted to ask does AHC interview both the partners?how long does it take?

She applied in June 2017 and got her visa in July 2018 - just over 12 months.

AHC usually interviews only the applicant if the case is straight forward. If there is a complication or if they want further due diligence, they interview the sponsor as well. You should both be ready for it.