Guest pakistan

1 hour ago, musmanasghar said:

Alhamdulillah Received Visa Grant for my Wife.

DOA: 11 APR 2016

DOI -1 : OCT 2016

DOI-2 : FEB 2017

Rejected : 2 - MAR 2017

AAT Files = APR 2017

AAT Hearing = May 2018

AAT won on same Day.

MED/PCC request : 1 JUN 2018

Grant = 5 JUL 2018 (Straight Subclass 100)

Good Luck Every One

Congrats buddy. Good on them for moving swiftly after the AAT decision.

17 hours ago, Andy_ said:

Thanks buddy! I'll be hanging around for a few more weeks. Hope you and your wife get a positive outcome soon.

that's good than, yeh that's what I'm waiting for hopefully soon IA

thanks heaps

5 hours ago, musmanasghar said:

AAT Files = APR 2017

AAT Hearing = May 2018

AAT won on same Day.

Good Luck Every One

Congratulations allot sir finally your long waiting time is over now. can I ask why you got rejected first 

On 05/07/2018 at 09:41, musmanasghar said:

AAT Files = APR 2017

AAT Hearing = May 2018

AAT won on same Day.

Good Luck Every One

Congrats!!

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:17, Amad said:

Congratulations allot sir finally your long waiting time is over now. can I ask why you got rejected first 

It was due to some misunderstanding, Delegate misunderstood some details related to my previous marriage so rather than asking for clarification, she just refused visa application. 

18 hours ago, Hido said:

Hi everyone, is anyone applied around 23th agust 2017 ? I haven’t heard anything yet.l gave my health eximanation in feb 2018.

18 hours ago, Hido said:

Hi everyone, is anyone applied around 23th agust 2017 ? I haven’t heard anything yet.l gave my health eximanation in feb 2018.

Don't worry I applied for my husband on the 24 of June 2017 and we haven't heard anything ever since.. No interview or anything yet I'm just hoping we can get some answer soon as we go through a very rough time we got 4 kids 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Kina Sa said:

Don't worry I applied for my husband on the 24 of June 2017 and we haven't heard anything ever since.. No interview or anything yet I'm just hoping we can get some answer soon as we go through a very rough time we got 4 kids 

Why do you think some other friends applied after us and they got visas before us then ?( please don’t misunderstand everybody l am just confused, l want find out how immigration works ? ) and of course l am happy for who got their visas. 

40 minutes ago, Hido said:

Why do you think some other friends applied after us and they got visas before us then ?( please don’t misunderstand everybody l am just confused, l want find out how immigration works ? ) and of course l am happy for who got their visas. 

There can be many factors:

• applications from the so-called higher risk countries usually take longer than lets say European countries. Higher risk countries could include: Middle East, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, many African countries, etc.
  • if there is any complexity in your case, it can take longer for you. Complexities could include having an earlier divorce, having had problems with prior visa applications, health/character issues, etc.
  • applicants from some countries are subject to additional background checks which can delay one's application significantly
  • the local high commission of your country could be understaffed and/or over-worked

With the above in mind, it's impossible to predict the processing time of any individual application.

What country did you apply from? Do you think your case falls in any of the above cases I listed?

Edited by Andy_
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hido said:

To be honest I've seen a lots of people has granted but they applied after me I'm a little curious and same time the processing time is up to 16 month I'm just waiting patiently and if 16 month hit me with nothing ofcause I'll be upset so 3 more month for me and I hope something will come up soon goodluck to you and I hope things go well on your side 

13 hours ago, Andy_ said:

There can be many factors:

• applications from the so-called higher risk countries usually take longer than lets say European countries. Higher risk countries could include: Middle East, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, many African countries, etc.
  • if there is any complexity in your case, it can take longer for you. Complexities could include having an earlier divorce, having had problems with prior visa applications, health/character issues, etc.
  • applicants from some countries are subject to additional background checks which can delay one's application significantly
  • the local high commission of your country could be understaffed and/or over-worked

With the above in mind, it's impossible to predict the processing time of any individual application.

What country did you apply from? Do you think your case falls in any of the above cases I listed?

I applied in Turkey but l am in Australia at the moment my wife is pregnant our baby on the way ? So l believe,l gave all documents correctly and immigration lawyer looking my case, 3 months ago she said processing time was 10-13 months for my application.

2 minutes ago, Hido said:

I applied in Turkey but l am in Australia at the moment my wife is pregnant our baby on the way ? So l believe,l gave all documents correctly and immigration lawyer looking my case, 3 months ago she said processing time was 10-13 months for my application.

Yes back then the processing estimate provided by DOHA was 10-13 months. Currently they have 13-18 months on their site which gets updated every month with the latest times https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

On 04/07/2018 at 17:27, Andy_ said:

My wife just got her golden email. Visa granted!

DOA: 30th June 2017

DOI: 30th April 2018

Medicals/additional docs: 28th May 2018

Grant: 4th July 2018

Last date to enter Australia: 25th Feb 2019.

Happier today than I was on my wedding day :). Especially relieved to be granted about 8 months to enter Australia.

Hi andy,congratulations for your wife may l ask where did you apply for your wife visa?

2 hours ago, Andy_ said:

Yes back then the processing estimate provided by DOHA was 10-13 months. Currently they have 13-18 months on their site which gets updated every month with the latest times https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

Sorry andy,what did you mean by DOHA ?

Edited by Hido
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

DOHA = Department of Human Affairs aka the Immigration department

OMG ??? you guys became very professional with this visa work ? you have started using visa language ???l am very new here l should start learn too ?

1 minute ago, Hido said:

OMG ??? you guys became very professional with this visa work ? you have started using visa language ???l am very new here l should start learn too ?

Haha you can't help learning these things when you check these forums every day ? 

On 30/06/2018 at 19:20, Andy_ said:

I can help with these questions.

2) In Islamabad/Rwp, it can only be done by designated government hospitals. The authorised hospital must issue you a WHO approved vaccination card (yellow in colour) as proof of polio vaccination. A plain certificate on paper is not acceptable.

3) These don't even need to be affidavits. Statements written on normal paper and signed at the bottom are enough. I, and 10 odd friends of mine who went through this process, typed and printed our statements (1-2 pages) and signed them. My migration agent advised me to do the same.

6) I think statements from your and your wife's siblings should suffice but it would be safer if you include 1 or 2 statements from cousins/aunts/relatives/friends etc. My agent advised me to submit 3-4 statements instead of 2.

Translation of Urdu Nikah nama into English can be easily done at your local kachehri. If you don't know where one is in Karachi, ask around. Once you're in the kachehri, you will find dozens of translation agents just sitting in the streets who have templates ready for such translations. Let them know that you need this for a visa - they'll know the relevant stamps and signatures to get. Shouldn't cost you more than a few hundred rupees.

Thank you @Andy for your detailed response.