Cost of medicals

Guest KatyNick

Guest KatyNick

Hi

I bet this has been asked tons of times before but ............ we are near the stage of getting our medicals done. Just rang our nearest panel doctors (Middlesbrough) and been quoted £671 for 2 adults, 2 children (both under 11) and that includes x-rays, medical and the courier fees to Oz.

Is this reasonable???

Many thanks

Kathryn :unsure:

Hi

I bet this has been asked tons of times before but ............ we are near the stage of getting our medicals done. Just rang our nearest panel doctors (Middlesbrough) and been quoted £671 for 2 adults, 2 children (both under 11) and that includes x-rays, medical and the courier fees to Oz.

Is this reasonable???

Many thanks

Sounds resonable to me! We paid around £900 for the medical alone (not including the xrays) for 3 adults and 2 children under 11. We got ours done in Southampton... not cheap but the panel doctor was brilliant esp. with the younger children!

Liz

Guest juliemtaylor

Ours were done in Handsworth Wood, Birmingham 2 ad and 2 kids (1 under 11) £660 which incs courier to Oz.

Julie x

Hi

Is this reasonable???

Many thanks

Yes this is reasonable. We had them done about 2 weeks ago and it cost near on £800 for three adults, about £769 something like that (my daughter is 20 and also needed an extra blood test as she is studying nursing) and one child aged 13 who didnt have to have the blood tests because he is under 15.

Hope this helps.

Debbie

hi

we live in kent and i have just been quoted medical adult £90 child under 15 £55 x-rays £48 (i beleive only over 15 need it) blood test for adults only again £45 plus £70 for anouther blood test if have any tatoos/peircings

:arghh:im so regretting that tatoo from my youth now

also £20 for courer got to tell oh now:frown: jools x

Guest Janeloz

Hi. We live in Kent and I rang round a few panel drs last week and was quoted between 650.00 and £458.00 for 2 adults and 2 children (both kids need x-rays). The £458.00 includes everything even postage. It seems cheap compared to the others but I did double check the price, so thats the one we will be going for.

Jane

Guest Janeloz
hi

we live in kent and i have just been quoted medical adult £90 child under 15 £55 x-rays £48 (i beleive only over 15 need it) blood test for adults only again £45 plus £70 for anouther blood test if have any tatoos/peircings

:arghh:im so regretting that tatoo from my youth now

also £20 for courer got to tell oh now:frown: jools x

Hi Jools

Was that Dover that you contacted? That is exactly what I was quoted as well. They also said that they only take cheque or cash. Horley though accept credit card as well.

Guest KatyNick
That seems reasonable to me. Myself and o/h just booked ours. £140 for xrays and £400 + VAT for medicals. So all in approx £540 plus VAT. So yours seems a snip with 2 children...

Thanks for that Nick, must admit, they never mentioned VAT!

Guest KatyNick

Thanks to everyone so far who's responded to my question. It does seem pretty reasonable the quote I've been given (the next nearest is Newcastle - don't want to go that far!). Plus they said that we only need to give a couple of days notice for the x-rays then about a week later can go for the medicals. This is the only real part of the visa process that scares me!!

Guest threespire

We're using Handsworth Wood and they quoted £250 per adult all in fee - xray, medical and courier fee and £50 per each of our 3 kids (all are under 5 so not sure if this affects price) so £650 total for 2 adults, 3 kids for xrays, meds and courier fee to Oz

Kirst x

Thanks to everyone so far who's responded to my question. It does seem pretty reasonable the quote I've been given (the next nearest is Newcastle - don't want to go that far!). Plus they said that we only need to give a couple of days notice for the x-rays then about a week later can go for the medicals. This is the only real part of the visa process that scares me!!

I was really very scared of having my medical done too... seems crazy now... but I was. I didn't know what to expect and how thorough they were going to be... didn't know whether I'd have to strip off... as I had heard that some people had on their meds. My BMI concerned me... not that it is that high... but none the less I wasn't in the 'You're perfect' slot! I was worried about them doing the blood tests becuase they can never manage to take my blood without having to give up and take it from my hand, that is after they have tried all possible parts of both my arms! The night before I couldn't sleep.... and I just had to keep telling myselt that by 3pm it would be all over. I kind of put it in the same category as one of those 3 yearly checks us females have to do... so I dealt with it on the day by trying not to think about it too much and just take each moment as it came. We were allocated 2 hours for the meds for the 5 of us. And we got to the surgery and surprisingly we were all called in together and the Doctor took under an hour to do all our checks... not one stitch of clothing was removed from any of us! And as for my BMI well I stood on the scales and it wasn't such a big deal after all. The Doctor told me there wouldn't be a problem with it! And as for the blood tests... well... we were all very surprised the doctor managed to take my blood from my arm with just one go!!! Before we knew it, it was all done and I was so shocked at how painless it was! The relief I felt afterwards was immence, I never realised up until that point how extremely worried I was! So... from my experience... there really is no need to worry about them!!

Liz

=Janeloz;547388]Hi Jools

Was that Dover that you contacted? That is exactly what I was quoted as well. They also said that they only take cheque or cash. Horley though accept credit card as well.[/
QUOTE]

hi yes it was dover, how old are your kids as ive got 15 yr daugther who wont come (yet im working on her lol) and my boys are 2 and 4 i was told only the 15yr old had to have x rays:confused:

husband reaction to cost:arghh:

well it all be worth it nothing a glass of wine cant help

jools x

Guest cluedo

Hi Kathryn we just paid £860 forour medicals, xrays, blood tests and courier for two adults and three children do your quote sounds about right, where abouts in Darlington do u live? My gandad lives in Whinbush and I'm from Aycliffe :) small world eh, we are off to Perth as well .

Guest KatyNick
Hi Kathryn we just paid £860 forour medicals, xrays, blood tests and courier for two adults and three children do your quote sounds about right, where abouts in Darlington do u live? My gandad lives in Whinbush and I'm from Aycliffe :) small world eh, we are off to Perth as well .

Hi Shelly

It is a small world!!!! We live near the hospital, which has been very handy with my two boys - enough said!!! I know 'Whinbush' very well, work at the primary school there. Was thinking of getting my wages paid directly to Asda as I seem to be in there every lunchtime!

Where abouts in Perth are you thinking of settling? We are thinking of around Thornlie (parallel to Fremantle). You have applied just before us for your SS (us - 22nd April). I just wish WA would get their finger out - getting a bit sick of waiting.

Keep in touch and let me know how you get on. (Are you part of the Thread - WA SS timeline - very useful).

Take care

Kathryn :confused:

Hi, katynick, we are from newcastle going over on 457. Is that the full medical for visa or just the one for trmp visa. Did you get a price from newcastle as im going over on 457 in december but was going to get full medicals done for piece of mind before going over ( i would hate to find out in 2 years i have a problem when i apply for Pr).

steve

Guest Janeloz
=Janeloz;547388]Hi Jools

QUOTE]

hi yes it was dover, how old are your kids as ive got 15 yr daugther who wont come (yet im working on her lol) and my boys are 2 and 4 i was told only the 15yr old had to have x rays:confused:

husband reaction to cost:arghh:

well it all be worth it nothing a glass of wine cant help

jools x

Hi. My kids are 13 and 11 and they don't have a problem with going for the med luckily. They will both need x-rays. Where abouts in Kent are you? We are halfway between Ashford and Maidstone. Where are you heading for?

Jane

Guest KatyNick
Hi, katynick, we are from newcastle going over on 457. Is that the full medical for visa or just the one for trmp visa. Did you get a price from newcastle as im going over on 457 in december but was going to get full medicals done for piece of mind before going over ( i would hate to find out in 2 years i have a problem when i apply for Pr).

steve

Hi Steve

We are going over on a PR 176 - so it's for the full visa. From reading other posts - I don't think it's a bad price at all, although I forgot to ask about VAT.

With the 175/176, once the Visa is granted you only have until the medicals/police checks are 1 year old to validate your visa - so if you do apply again in 2 years you may find that you have to have them done again (unsure of that but I'm sure some kind person on here will let me know if I'm wrong)

Good luck

Hi

We had our medicals done at Cambridge (www.CMMS.uk.net) - 3 adults and they charged £185.00 per adult plus £50.00 for them to post all 3 to Oz - must admit wasn't looking forward to this but must have been in and out of the medical in 20 mins and then went across the road for X ray - fantastic service they did everything for us

Thanks Judy

[/

QUOTE]
Hi. My kids are 13 and 11 and they don't have a problem with going for the med luckily. They will both need x-rays. Where abouts in Kent are you? We are halfway between Ashford and Maidstone. Where are you heading for
?

HI JANE

WERE IN DEAL SO DOVER IS REALY NEAR FOR US, REALY SCARED ABOUT THE MEDICAL THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, ITS NOT RATIONAL BUT KEEP THINKING WOT OF THEY FIND SOMETHING WRONG WITH ONE OF US :rolleyes:SILLY I KNOW.

WEREHEADING FOR YANCHEP IN PERTH WE LOVE IT THERE WERE GOING ON 175/176 VISA WITH MY SKILL. IM A HAIRDRESSER, WHERE ARE YOU GOING??

JOOL,S X

For anyone wondering in Oz of costs : We are 2 adults, 1 child under 15, medicals cost just under $1000 for us all, including photos that they need to take at their suites. I think natural to be worried about meds, so good luck to everyone. We go for ours in the morning.... My veins also vanish so I hope they will find mine (hence my fear of needles). Some advise I was given last time, was to drink plenty water beforehand as this apparently plumps them up a little. MY BMI also worries me as 33 (although I am fit and healthy otherwise and excercise 3 times a week).

Medicals all done this morning and seem all good (fingers still crossed). Dr said my cholesterol worry was no problem at all and was glad I mentioned it anyway. Total of meds came to $822 for the 3 of us and this included mailing and photos (I thought we would pay extra for those). It took all in all from arriving 1 hr 30 min so I thought that really efficient and was impressed by the flow they had going. The results are being mailed to us (we may not open the envelopes) and will be subitting these with our police checks and our application form as soon as the nomination is all approved to go ahead for our 856 PR.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest needingtogo
bump:cool:......any tips for docs in plymouth area/southwest?

Hi Ericfish,

Did you manage to get your medicals done in Plymouth. We are having are Xrays done at the Nuffield and medicals done at a place in Tavistock. If you know of anywhere else in the South West please let me know so I can compare prices.

Thanks.

Bex

Hi Ericfish,

Did you manage to get your medicals done in Plymouth. We are having are Xrays done at the Nuffield and medicals done at a place in Tavistock. If you know of anywhere else in the South West please let me know so I can compare prices.

Thanks.

Bex

Tavistock, Redruth and Taunton are the closest on the panel doctors lists.

PM'd you

Archived