Ship your UK car? or Buy in OZ?

ScottieandDani

Guest destinationoz

Can't really help sorry but I once read some posts on here saying it can defeat the object shippig your car over as it costs to do so then may cost lots more to get it repaired when needed if not a common/popular car over there and may be difficult to sell in the future too .... From what I've read - I don't think its worth it ... but we're not there so can't say for sure ...

Guest the terry's

Hi guys can only recommend that you look in transport section on here, there's a post about what your asking, you might find what your looking for there. We are thinking of taking ours it's a toyota and they're big over there, and ours is still young and not a lot of miles on it, haven't got as far as seeing whether or not it will be possible to take due to aussie rules and regs, but we know we would like to take it (had car since new). It all depends on what sort of car you have, if it's a classic or very expensive type car take them, if it's your mondeo don't. The choice is yours!

Helenx

Guest the dobbas

hi

i have just bought a brand new nissan murano for $50000 and this is alot cheaper than the uk. the problem with some cars like peugot and citroen is that it is very hard to get parts and then you have to find somone who knows how to fit them. i was also told when i worked in a garage that the garages dont like to take imported second hand european cars as part exs as the brake systems are always badly worn as the speed limits are much highter in the uk etc. hope this helps.

also a good guide to prices of used cars in oz is www.redbook.com.au

another thing worth thinking about, is that although the listed prices of cars seem high, with the way the economy is, you can quite easily get another 10% off without too much hassle. With older models even more.

The second hand market is also under pressure, and its a buyers market. There is so much choice out there at the moment, that you can put in silly offers, and see what happens. People need the money, and are often prepared to take offers well under the official market values.

• 3 weeks later...

We are taking our car but deliberately bought Vauxhall as equivalent to Holden in Oz. We bought brand new last July and have decided to take it and save on the expense of new car in first few weeks/months. It may turn out to be for the best or the worst, but only time will tell!!

Good luck in making your decision.

Archived