Can you change from a 176 to a 175 visa?

Tommy Tucker

Appreciate some help on this, Thanks.

Can you change from a 176 to a 175 visa once you are in Australia, so there is no issues with regard to where you are living or working?

I have scored in excess of 120 on the point's list and my profession is on the CSL.

It is important to me that my visa is processed ASAP as I am currently unemployed in Ireland and my brain is beginning to turn into mush!!

Hi Tommy...

I think the best person to ask might be gollywobbler (Gill). I'm sure someone on here knows, but I reckon if anyone knows for sure it's probably her. :cool:

Sorry I can't be of any further help and good luck in your research and hope you find the answer you want to hear!

Ta,

Luke

Tommy,

In the meantime... I have just spotted this on another forum. I know it starts off about IELTS but it does get relevant.

is it possible to change visa from 176 to 175?

This might also be able to help, even though it's talking about 175 to 176...

Changing from 175 to 176 visa

So I would say there is a good chance that because you have over 120 points you should well be able to swap visa because they are in the same class. The trend seems to be the othe way around though, advice seems scarce for swapping 176 for 175... it's quicker to go 176 and you only need 100 pts as you probably already knew. So lots changed recently from going the 175 route and chose the 176 instead!

Hope that helps a bit more...

Luke. :jimlad:

Guest tonyree

Hi

Remember 176 and 175 are both offshore visas so once you are in australia you cannot lodge the other unless you do that before being granted.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

Remember 176 and 175 are both offshore visas so once you are in australia you cannot lodge the other unless you do that before being granted.

Hi tonyree

With respect, this is not so. With an offshore visa the applicants must be outside Australia at the time of the grant but in many cases it will be possible to lodge the application whilst the applicants are in Australia.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Appreciate some help on this, Thanks.

Can you change from a 176 to a 175 visa once you are in Australia, so there is no issues with regard to where you are living or working?

I have scored in excess of 120 on the point's list and my profession is on the CSL.

It is important to me that my visa is processed ASAP as I am currently unemployed in Ireland and my brain is beginning to turn into mush!!

Hi Tommy Tucker

Where are you at present? You say that your job in Ireland has ended but are you still in Ireland?

What is your ocupation, please?

The most usual approach in your situation wuld be to lodge a subclass 175 application from the outset, relying solely on the CSL. Depending on which State you want to move to, it may not be worth applying for State Sponsorship. WA State Sponsorship is taking about 4 months for processing, for example.

Please see this link:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Cheers

Gill

Archived