SS 176 and DIAC time limits

MikeW

Hello,

We are waiting for our ACT 176 SS results. If we are successful, and then successful with the last bit (DIAC?), how long do you have before you have to move to ACT? Is it 6 months? The reason I'm asking is that my wife will finish her 2 year hair dressing course next June, so we may have to move before she finishes her course. Another option is once(if) we have our 176 SS, is to delay putting in the third and final bit (DIAC?) until we could time is right for her to finish her course. Is there a time limit for when you can submit the final bit?

Thanks!

Mike.

Guest destinationoz

Hiya

My understanding is that you have 6 months to submit the DIAC application after getting SS - once you get that accepted (the 176 visa) you have 2 years to validate your visa (which may be going on holiday for just one day to Oz just to get you passports stamped/validated) but you have 5 years in total after getting your visa before you have to move ...

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong!

Plenty of time to finish the course!

good luck

see ya in the ACT!!!!

Hiya

My understanding is that you have 6 months to submit the DIAC application after getting SS - once you get that accepted (the 176 visa) you have 2 years to validate your visa (which may be going on holiday for just one day to Oz just to get you passports stamped/validated) but you have 5 years in total after getting your visa before you have to move ...

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong!

Plenty of time to finish the course!

good luck

see ya in the ACT!!!!

Hi, I would love to know this too

but, I think you are right about it .. :cute:

Once you get your visa, you have one year from the date of the medical or PCC (whichever comes first) to validate your visa. After it is validated, you have 5 years from the date of the visa to make the actual move. This was how it was explained to us.

thanks Fashionably Late.

I had just submitted the SS application, and just wondering does ACT business migration normally replied on email once they received my commitment statement and supporting documents?

Our email acknowledgement took a few days to come through. But it may be different now since they stopped accepting applications on 30/06 until the new state sponsorship list is opened in August.

hi thanks again Fashionably Late, for the fast response.

Yes, the application is frozen now till August, but mine is fall in last year quota as confirmed by Ms. Jenny in business migration. I just sent last Friday, think it will take a few days to get their response then..

thank you so much for your advice.

Thanks for your replies - this is very good news (if we get the SS) as my wife can finish her course. When validating visa, does everyone have to have it validated, or just the main candidate? Would be a very expensive process to fly 4 over just to validate!

Guest VickyMel
Thanks for your replies - this is very good news (if we get the SS) as my wife can finish her course. When validating visa, does everyone have to have it validated, or just the main candidate? Would be a very expensive process to fly 4 over just to validate!

You could try slowing your application down a bit (most of us are trying to speed it up!). If you are accepted the state gives you 6 months (check this as I may be wrong) to contact DIAC. Then you don't need to get your PCC and Meds done until you are allocated a case officer and they ask for them - then as I understand it you will be provided a deadline by which to provide these (not sure how long but I think someone on a previous post mentioned 2 months - again check with your agent maybe). It sounds as if it is the date of the earliest PCC or Med that the validation period will be calculated on.

So you could be looking at 1 1/2 years from now if you wourked it to your advantage and maybe you could just be looking at a single trip.

Archived