Anyone from Northern Ireland??

grainne73

Hi Granie We are both from Northern-Ireland I am from Lisburn and oh is from Banbridge. We are living on the sunshine coast. My cousin is here to and is from Annalong and kilkeel. There is also friends I have met on this site from Belfast and newtownards. There is quite a few from Northern-Ireland on the sunshine coast. We have been in oz 22years and have a 14 year old son. We were back last xmas for 6 weeks to see all the family.

Hi, We live in Blackskull, Co Down ( near Banbridge ) I am a painter and decorator. I have recently completed my AQFIII Certificate. Got a possitive assessment from TRA on 10th July and have just put in our application this week. We have applied for 176 family sponsor so no hope of hearing anything from DIAC until after June 2010 at least the end of 2010 if we are lucky!. We are hoping to get to Melbourne as we have family there. Good luckwith your process. Take care, Jimroo2.

Guest ElleNico

Hi, I'm from Northern Ireland, living in Devon, wanting to move to Adelaide, where I have family. Lots of luck with your journey. Pomsinoz is a fantastic site and you will learn a lot from everyone here x

Hi everyone,

I'm from Belfast, hubby is from Cookstown and we are hoping to go to Queensland. We have 2 children age 5 and 2. Hubby is a spray painter and we are doing our skills assesment to get an AQF3. I am in the middle of doing level 2 Childcare. Good luck to you all.

Karen xx

Guest Bobbyh

Hi Grainne

I'm from Glengormley. Done carpentry test 20/07/09 in Accrington,

If you want I'll pm you my number & explain to your OH what's involved.

Also hoping to get Perth with wife & 4 kids.

HI

That would be great, much appreciated. OH is actually going to be working in Glengormly next week so he'll definately give you a call or maybe meet? Thats definately a coincidence with Glengormly! Have you been to Perth or do you have relatives over there? I have brother in Perth the past 12 years.

Guest WendyJohn
Hi everyone,

I'm from Belfast, hubby is from Cookstown and we are hoping to go to Queensland. We have 2 children age 5 and 2. Hubby is a spray painter and we are doing our skills assesment to get an AQF3. I am in the middle of doing level 2 Childcare. Good luck to you all.

Karen xx

Hi Karen, I've been looking on the forums for furniture finishers cause my OH is one but doesn't have any qualifications in it. I've NVQ 3 and have been a classroom assistant for 10+ years. We're both from Comber but live in Ards now and want to emigrate to Queensland. I read that your OH was in the same boat and he's now getting assessed by ATA as a painter and decorator. I was just wondering how you went about skewing his work experience history as a paint sprayer towards the P&D side of things (like I assume as a paint sprayer he didn't do much wall papering :-). I had a look at the ATA website and I've left them our details so they'll contact us soon but I just wanted a bit of advance info as to what they'd need for the AQAIII. I had a look earlier but the amount of info they needed threw me a bit cause it seems like they need loads of evidence and we don't have a clue where to start.)

Hope you dont think i'm being too forward but I'd nearly given up hope as my OH is 43 in September and doesn't have time to retrain as anthing else. You've really given me hope :-)

Thanks for any help at all and feel free to PM me:jiggy:

Guest Natty T

Hi Grainne, i'm not from N.Ireland but my hubby is, he's from Coleraine and a carpenter too, just done his vetassess today so if your hubby wants to chat pm me and i'll give you his number. We are coming to Ireland saturday till 31st. We too are heading for Perth July 2010 and have 4 children.

All the best Natalie. :spinny:

• 1 year later...

HIya

Just joined POI. Looks like agreat site. My hub and I living in newtownabbey and hoping to move to OZ.. hub is a construction project manager / quantity surveyor but no qualifications so show this so going to do a conversion degree and then start the ball rolling. let me know how your app is coming along.

Archived